Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

crappy keyboard

dizyvipr

i know the easiest way to resolve this issue is throw it out and buy a new one but we have no money so i'm wondering if there's a way to fix it...

my desktop keyboard has a mind of it's own. on random it will either stop working completely or it will start being all weird.

when i say start being weird i mean i'll press the 's' key and a different key will show up on my screen. and all the letters will be in caps unless i turn on capslock and i cant put in any numbers, they'll only show up as the symbols.

I personally have no idea what's going on and the only way to stop it is to restart my computer completely. and honestly...i'm getting tired of restarting my computer twice a day...

so is there someway to fix this????

This is usually less than fun, and usually happens because someone spilled something in it.

I usually pop all of the keys off and clean out the everything with cotton swabs/q-tips and rubbing alcohol. If I can tell there's crap inside of the housing, I take the rest of it apart and CAREFULLY clean around the board, removing all of the gummy stuff. Don't tear off any contacts.

It's so much easier to buy a new keyboard, but if you happened to invest a bunch of money in this one, it's worth an hour of effort.