Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

HDMI help...

Enjuaguese

Yeah HDMI is much better than VGA. But they are much more expensive. Does the monitor have a DVI slot in it? Because DVI and HDMI are literally the same thing except HDMI carries an audio signal. I know I had one HDMI problem with my monitor. I had to use the HDMI slot for my Xbox 360 and had a separate cable that ran from my monitor and to my line-in slot on my pc to get sound because the monitor did not have speakers on them. I'm sure the monitor you are buying has that audio jack next to the hdmi cable so you can plug it in the pc or speakers.

Yeah, my friend works at Best Buy and got me an 10ft HDMI cable for 8 dollars because she can buy crap there at the same price for what the store buys them.

Yeah me and my friend went to a less popular store and got 10ft HDMI cables $5 each.

Other stores sell better quality but for much much more.

And remember guys, this is DIGITAL media now. Gold and silver plating isn't going to help you here. The only consideration you need to take is the quality of shielding on long runs; there isn't much degradation anywhere else.

Related: Fuck Monster Cable.

Or buy from here the HDMI Cable from MonoPrice. If you really want some color coded cabling and I have bought cables from there and they are excellent.