Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Help i lost my directSound?

No!

Driver updates!

Quick questions:

1. What OS are you running? (e.g. Windows NT, XP, Vista or 7)

2. Do you have multiple audio devices installed (e.g. a USB headset + built in sound)

3. Are you playing music in the background while in vent (not concurently in vent though)?

windows vista home edition prem, sp2

yes a hedset and tv vya hd video card

yes was playing music in windows media in the back ground. when vent and steam plus css up . b.c it missed up

Edit

i updated the drivers thought windows and i found something i got restart i think this might work

Edited by Clifford "No!" Kinkade

If you haven't, make sure that your default device is not set to the one you want to use for vent. It can cause conflicts especially if you have an audio app running on the same audio device (adds more problems if the sound device is in kernel mode aka exclusive mode)

There isn't really anything you can do specifically to stop it from doing that as some applications will take exclusive priority over your sound device. However, easiest way put,

]Change your default audio device to the one you don't want to use[ as well as if your microphone is being used on the 'pink' port of your audio device (integrated sound) make sure Windows recognises it. you'll be able to tell if it doesn't detect it if your device is disabled in your sound setup. Same applies for sound.

Try the restart and see how that goes. My suspicion is on either

1. Incorrectly set default device

2. One of your applications is taking exclusive mode.

I hope it's not overly technobabble as I know it's annoying try to troubleshoot over teh internets >_>

:worried: