Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

How to improve CS:S fps

SolidSnake

I want to rush and not just camping on the roof of crackhouse as ct. But, I only got a laptop which is 2 years old so I am really laggy when lots of people show up on the screen. In fact, I only get 10 - 20 fps when I rush. The graphic is so choppy so it is not playable. Since I dont have any $ for upgrades I am just wondering if there's anyway to make my laptop faster.

I got a decent laptop:

Processor Intel® Core™ 2 Duo processor P8400

2.26 GHz | 3 MB L2 Cache | 1066 MHz FSB

Chipset Intel® PM45 Express Chipset

Display panel 17-inch WUXGA TFT (1920 × 1200)

Memory 4096 MB 1066 MHz DDR3 memory (2 × 2048)

Operates at 1066 MHz

Total slots: 2 slots | Available slots: 0 slots

Video controller NVIDIA® GeForce® 9800M GTS

With 512 MB of GDDR3 Discrete Video Memory

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Something doesn't feel right about that. Even with laptop hardware, that chipset and 4 gigs of ram should be plenty for you to pull 30 fps at least. Your bootups take forever?

As far as the actual game goes, you'll want to pick up a config geared toward FPS like Hyper was talking about. It kind of looks like dick, but having every last thing turned down/off in the Source engine makes it run a lot smoother.

thank you all for your reply i really appreciate it!!

I am playing at 1200 x 800 and many things at low. Actually I am using the FPS (Frames Per Second) Config from this site: Counter-Strike Config. It does help the fps.

My laptop start up is pretty fast (less than 1 min untill everything loaded). Also I get 100+ fps in small maps with less than 3-4 people on my screen. But, after a while when my laptop gets hot i only get 20 fps when i rush and more than 3 people show up on my screen. REALLY CHOPPY AND UNPLAYABLE.

I tried the caseysconfig_v2, but for some weird reason it doesnt work as good as the autoexec.cfg from the site mentioned above.

I will try the Game Booster | Fast Game Accelerator | Free Accelerator and let you guys know how it goes