Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Water cooling

Cisco

Looking for a good water cooling system

Motherboard - Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. EP35-DS3L (Socket 775)

video card is an 8800gt

Doesn't matter on price, but prefer price in Canadian dollars rather then US

yea seriously

and you buy water cooling in parts not a whole system

-tubes

-reservoir

-pump

-radiator

-water block(s)

-coolant

Don't forget fittings.

Are you doing any overclocking and what speeds? What are your idle and load temps?

if you really must get water cooling

try the AIO kits, (this one is CPU-only)

CoolIT Domino A.L.C. review

CoolIt domino ALC is the name

CoolIt is a Calgary-based company FYI. Luckily since I live in Calgary, it's awesome for buying cheap (well at least for this stuff) xD

I own it and it's decent if you're looking for an entry-level way into water-cooling.

I personally prefer if you're looking into pro stuff, not to get it.

Edited by enigma#

CoolIT Domino A.L.C. review

CoolIt domino ALC is the name

CoolIt is a Calgary-based company FYI. Luckily since I live in Calgary, it's awesome for buying cheap (well at least for this stuff) xD

I own it and it's decent if you're looking for an entry-level way into water-cooling.

I personally prefer if you're looking into pro stuff, not to get it.

I wouldn't get the Domino, there are so many stories of it exploding, and whatnot. Just Google it, "Domino Water Exposions"

I would get the CoolIt Eco, instead. Here:

CoolIT Systems ECO-R ECO A.L.C CPU Cooler at TigerDirect.com

Looking for a good water cooling system

Motherboard - Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. EP35-DS3L (Socket 775)

video card is an 8800gt

Doesn't matter on price, but prefer price in Canadian dollars rather then US

Not bashing your rig, but if price doesn't matter why not upgrade it instead of spending 300-400 on water cooling...IMO EK has some nice stuff this place has just about any brand and or parts Computer Water Cooling - FrozenCPU.com  

Not to bash some of you but your no help at all my rig over heats because of how hot it gets in my room, Upgrading my rig will not help me when my room is 30 degrees Celsius. I am not looking for the best on the market. My Video card is overclocked and the reason for water cooling it is because it is a decent card for what I do and would like it to last another year or two.

If I do buy the whole water cooling system I would be building my next rig around it which I planned to do. Mostly for now I am thinking about water cooling just the cpu and see how that goes

Edited by Cisco

Not to bash some of you but your no help at all my rig over heats because of how hot it gets in my room, Upgrading my rig will not help me when my room is 30 degrees Celsius. I am not looking for the best on the market. My Video card is overclocked and the reason for water cooling it is because it is a decent card for what I do and would like it to last another year or two.

If I do buy the whole water cooling system I would be building my next rig around it which I planned to do. Mostly for now I am thinking about water cooling just the cpu and see how that goes

....then instead of 300-400 dollars on water cooling why dont you buy an air conditioner? then your computer and you are happy. and most of these people are correct in telling you to spend that money on a new video card instead of the cooling, yes your right about that card being powerful but i believe this card is better not clocked and wont need a loopy doopy system to cool it Newegg.com - EVGA 01G-P3-1467-AR GeForce GTX 465 (Fermi) Superclocked 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

Wow...

wow is not what you would normally say. My room is not at this temperature all the time, and this is the only time i ever experience over heating issue. The whole reason for buying a cooling system will be to make my computer last until hopefully next summer where I can then afford to go all out and upgrade almost everything and have it all water cooled.

Also to weeman, we have a/c. I just can't use it as I am not the owner of the house and cannot turn it on.

So you're buying a watercooling system to cool your videocard or the cpu? both? There are air coolers for both that are more than adequate. A good water cooling system will run you over 300$.

Apparently you are already decided that you NEED water cooling so I guess there is nothing to discuss.

K, well need more specs if you still would like help

1. The tower size you have and/or model?

2. Your graphic card is it G80 or G92?

1.6 feet long, 1.5 feet high, 8 inches wide. No markings what so ever to say what type or model it is.

and its g92.

And to terry, as I have stated, the reason for water cooling is because of the temperature of my room. Air cooling would be fine with me but the issues with the air being hot and cat hair in my computer is what pushed me to water cooling. And i will be fine if it cost me 300 because i intend to reuse it in my next computer.

Noobs...ONLY GO WATER COOLING IF YOU PLAN TO OVERCLOCK.

Upgrade your fans to higher RPM's and make a very good pull-push airflow. Should handle a warm room any day.

my card is overclocked, i have also thought about overclocking my cpu to see what it can do.