Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Help!!

VeN

Send Steam an email saying "i cannot join a hacked lobby to play on a hacked server with no vac and use my aimbot because it says failed to join steam lobby please help me thanks" then go into your router and check to see that all ports for Steam/MW2 are open (check Google for them).

Send Steam an email saying "i cannot join a hacked lobby to play on a hacked server with no vac and use my aimbot because it says failed to join steam lobby please help me thanks" then go into your router and check to see that all ports for Steam/MW2 are open (check Google for them).

so i go to my ip on the router and then?

Yeah I had this problem with Halo 3 on my xbox 360. It kept saying my NAT was Strict. So I opened the ports on my router that my xbox 360 uses and i was able to get it my NAT open. What are the ports the pc uses to connect to the internet? Cause it might fix it if you open those ports. What kind of router security are you using? WAP?

A couple links

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Strict NAT problems | Three Wise Men

[sOLVED] PS3 NAT Type 2 COD:MW2 NAT Type Moderate - Tech Support Forum

From what I hear, the uPnP support on MW2 is very glitchy and can even say "Strict" on a DMZ host.

1. Try putting your computer through a DMZ... this can be accomplished two ways...

a) unplug the router and directly plug in your computer into your modem

B) Set up a DMZ host in your router settings

i) To connect to your router (depending on brand), you'd have to first connect to it

192.168.1.1 --> most common router IP address

password is admin

username is "" (as in do not fill anything into the username)

then goto "Advanced" and find DMZ or Port Forwarding...

goto DMZ and type in your own IP address

B) you can find your internal (your own) IP address by doing the following:

type "cmd.exe" in your run box (Start -> Run)

A little black box should show up with some white text

type in "ipconfig" without the quotes and you'll find something like this

Ethernet adapter Local Area Conection
Connection specific DNS suffix  . : BLAh.blah.blah
IPv4 Address . . . . . . . . . . : x.x.x.x
Subnet mask . . . . . . . . . . : x.x.x.x
Default gateway . . . . . . . . . : x.x.x.x

under ipv4 address you'll see it, copy that IP address over to the router under DMZ and voila you're open for attacks =]

c) If you prefer a safer method... do the same thing above EXCEPT

i) Find Port Forwarding or Port Triggering

ii) Type in your IP address in the IP address field and use the following PORTS

COD: MW2 requires ports from 28960 to 29000 to be forwarded to your server.

iii) Apply your settings and voila, you should have forwarded your ports correctly!

NB Try disabling your firewall FIRST then try again... most new routers have a better NAT system so you don't need to do this as often! =]

I'm not sure exactly what router you have as this guide was made for Linksys/Cisco and D-Link.

Umm I can try to help you out when i'm done work dude but this is all I can do =(