Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

TF2 on a flashdrive?

Divot.

So I want to get TF2 on a flashdrive, I seen it done before but with Starcraft. I have no idea how it's done but I want to install steam on my Mac (No I did not buy a Mac, it was a scholarship from the University.) I currently have all my school stuff on the Mac but I want to keep my Mac as the school laptop and my other laptop for gaming (yes I'm weird). So my plan is to have steam on my Mac and have TF2 on a flashdrive. Should I do this or not even bother? Any help/ suggestions would be great!

Thanks

Sweet, now the question is how lol

The same way you install Steam games on an external drive.

You need to install Steam onto it, then Steam will automatically transfer all purchases to it, there's a Steam help article on it...here I'll get it.

Steam installs to the following folder by default:

C:\Program Files\Steam

Files for games installed on Steam are stored in the following folder:

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\

During the installation of Steam, you have the option to install Steam to a location other than the default. Since Steam relies on the game files residing in the SteamApps folder, your game files will go to whatever folder you have Steam installed in. The game files must be in the SteamApps folder in order to function.

Moving Your Steam Installation (This is optional)

Warning:

It is highly recommended that you create a backup of your SteamApps folder before attempting this process. Neglecting to do so may result in a loss of all of your game content should something go wrong.

If you're low on space on the drive you have Steam installed, you can move the Steam folder to a different location. Here's an example of how to move the Steam installation between two hard drives:

1. Log out and exit Steam

2. Navigate to the folder where Steam is installed (by default: C:\Program Files\Steam\)

3. Delete all of the files and folders except the SteamApps folder and Steam.exe

4. Cut and paste your Steam folder to the new location, for example: D:\Games\Steam\

5. Launch Steam

6. Steam will briefly update and then you will be ready to play

7. All future game content will be downloaded to the new folder D:\Games\Steam\Steamapps\

The same way you install Steam games on an external drive.

You need to install Steam onto it, then Steam will automatically transfer all purchases to it, there's a Steam help article on it...here I'll get it.

Steam installs to the following folder by default:

C:\Program Files\Steam

Files for games installed on Steam are stored in the following folder:

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\

During the installation of Steam, you have the option to install Steam to a location other than the default. Since Steam relies on the game files residing in the SteamApps folder, your game files will go to whatever folder you have Steam installed in. The game files must be in the SteamApps folder in order to function.

Moving Your Steam Installation (This is optional)

Warning:

It is highly recommended that you create a backup of your SteamApps folder before attempting this process. Neglecting to do so may result in a loss of all of your game content should something go wrong.

If you're low on space on the drive you have Steam installed, you can move the Steam folder to a different location. Here's an example of how to move the Steam installation between two hard drives:

1. Log out and exit Steam

2. Navigate to the folder where Steam is installed (by default: C:\Program Files\Steam\)

3. Delete all of the files and folders except the SteamApps folder and Steam.exe

4. Cut and paste your Steam folder to the new location, for example: D:\Games\Steam\

5. Launch Steam

6. Steam will briefly update and then you will be ready to play

7. All future game content will be downloaded to the new folder D:\Games\Steam\Steamapps\

Oh wow thank you so much for this!