Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Need Gaming Computer, Recomend?

I prefer it to be a laptop, I know close to nothing about what goes on inside my computer, Could someone please point me in the right direction, for a Laptop? Ive been leaning to Alienware not because all the cool overly expensive features but it seems to be worth the cash,

Price Range around 1500,...and will power through games now and in the future

Thanks for the help

-Second

Edited by Second Reaction

I live in US too btw

Also if i have a 2.4 ghz dual proc right now will that play a 3.0 ghz game like Left 4 Dead 2? Thats the only thing I dont understand, Do you just add the two procesesors together because they are dual?

Naw dawg....there are a few things that go into how fast a processor is.

Forgot about "ghz" recommendation as that war is over. A single core on a 2.0 ghz AMD phenom II CPU is faster than a 3.8ghz Pentium 4. Reason being, ram speed, bus speed, CPU architecture the main reason.

Just because its dual core doesn't make a 2.4 ghz CPU 4.8ghz. With multiple cores its basically like having a multilane highway. More lanes (cores/threads) you have, the more information that the CPU can take in.

The CPU will only be able to take in as much as the program will allow, so if a game is made for a single lane highway (core), it's only gonna use that 1 lane (core) for the game. The benefit is the other cores resources will go to your background stuff.

Multi-core processor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia if you really want to know.

Most laptops are gonna run over 1500 for true "gaming" but a few mentioned here will work.

Naw dawg....there are a few things that go into how fast a processor is.

Forgot about "ghz" recommendation as that war is over. A single core on a 2.0 ghz AMD phenom II CPU is faster than a 3.8ghz Pentium 4. Reason being, ram speed, bus speed, CPU architecture the main reason.

Just because its dual core doesn't make a 2.4 ghz CPU 4.8ghz. With multiple cores its basically like having a multilane highway. More lanes (cores/threads) you have, the more information that the CPU can take in.

The CPU will only be able to take in as much as the program will allow, so if a game is made for a single lane highway (core), it's only gonna use that 1 lane (core) for the game. The benefit is the other cores resources will go to your background stuff.

Multi-core processor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia if you really want to know.

Most laptops are gonna run over 1500 for true "gaming" but a few mentioned here will work.

Thanks so much that helps a shit ton ha.

So In a laptop what should i be looking for for it to be a good gaming laptop? Proc, Hard Drive, and Ram? Anything else?

Just customized a M15x and price came up too, 1692...

Heres the specs

SYSTEM COLOR Alienware M15x, Cosmic Black edit

PROCESSOR Intel® Core™ i5-540M 2.53GHz (3.06Ghz Turbo Mode, 3M cache) edit

OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English edit

WARRANTY AND SERVICE 1 Year Basic Service Plan edit

VIDEO CARD 1GB ATI Radeon™ Mobility HD 5730 edit

LCD PANEL 15.6-inch WideHD+ 1600x900 (900p) WLED edit

MEMORY 4GB Dual Channel Memory (2x 2GB DDR3) edit

HARD DRIVE 320GB SATAII 7,200RPM edit

INTERNAL OPTICAL DRIVE Slot-Load Dual Layer DVD Burner (DVD+-RW, CD-RW) edit

AUDIO OPTIONS Razer Carcharias Headset edit

BATTERY OPTIONS Primary - 6-cell (56Watt) Lithium-Ion Battery edit

WIRELESS CARDS Wireless 1520 802.11n Half Mini-Card edit

My Accessories

My Software & Accessories

ALIENFX COLOR AlienFX Mars Red edit

OS CUSTOMIZATION Alien Red Glyphs edit

GAMING I/O Alienware TactX Mouse edit

PRE-INSTALLED GAMES AND CLIENTS Steam and Portal™ Factory Installed edit

AUTOMATIC UPDATES Automatic Updates: On edit

ALSO INCLUDED WITH YOUR SYSTEM

SOUND OPTIONS Internal High-Definition 5.1 Surround Sound Audio

BLUETOOTH Internal Bluetooth 2.1 Mini-Card - 2.1 Enhanced Data Rate

Adobe Reader Acrobat SW Adobe Acrobat Reader

ENVIORNMENTAL OPTIONS Standard Nameplate

Should I upgrade some more equipment or is this a prettydamn good gaming laptop??