Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Audio Not Functioning

PhiberOptik

Hey guys. I would like to know if you guys have ever experienced this what-so-ever. My motherboard is an Asus P6T and I only use the on-board sound. It's a Realtek and the Audio Codec is an ALC1200 or something such as that. I'm not sure if I worded that correctly. Anyways, I have it all connected to a stereo over standard wires for left/right audio. The speakers are fully functional, the wire is not damaged, and it IS plugged into the right input. Last Wednesday, as I moved my computer and speakers and returned to plug it in, in the same manner, my computer began to act all dumb and for some odd reason, even when I plug my speakers into the right input, my on-board shows it connected incorrectly. As an example, I plug the connection into the "Right Speaker Out" (the one which it's supposed to be in) and instead, it shows that both the microphone and "Line In" are connected. I have already tried to uninstall the sound and reinstall it, but I'm not sure what exactly could be the problem or how to fix it without doing anything such a clean install or anything. Any help would be gladly appreciated.

What I don't understand though is that there is no "Speakers" tab anymore. I have no clue as to why that is. That was the only one I ever had to worry about and now, as I said, whenever I plug the wire into the front speaker out, it highlights two separate sections as if I just plugged in two cables. That makes no sense to me what-so-ever.

post-3802-13525954094723_thumb.jpg

Sounds like the card may be going bad if you are sure you plugged it in right, have reinstalled the drivers and installed latest version. Pretty rare but I'm sure it happens. If all else fails pick up and external sound card, they are much better than onboard sound.