Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Norton bugging or Something else.....

DeathVash

Ok I just got Norton 360. I paid for it. Now everytime I do a very big scan I always get at min 8 risks found and taken care of to the max of 16. Then after its done I do it again same thing happens. Now I want to know is that normal or I have a hidden virus somewhere or what?

Just a tip of something. I have paid for everything off the legit site except two things. Office and 7 Ultimate. But I got the keys off of ebay and I guess I just found out they were fake keys cause its saying I am using a fake key or whatever.

SO any tips like reformatting or what not? But if I reformat can I keep my Norton some how? Everything I else I have like my music and movies are backed up on a external hard drive. That is all I have music, movies and games lol.

It sounds like 50cents is right, if you do not apply it properly... it actually won't do work.

Another unlikely possibility is that the malware is re-injecting itself back into your computer ever time you try to remove it.

Try scanning it in safe mode with another online AV program or burn a rescue disc... (this just does an offline scan of your system)

Try it out... I'm not sure as malware can be a prick sometimes -.-

Norton is like 2 steps away from being a virus it's self.

That's why having two security programs isn't advisable. To work each one requires core access, and are made to destroy anything else that tries to access the core. They then both recognize something is trying to destroy them, and try to destroy the other. This goes on a loop until your computer crashes.

@OP, 50 was probably closest with his "It might be a cookie", as cookies are usually picked up by an anti-virus.

lol a cookie setting off Norton... wow... that is just sad....

Unless the cookie could execute malformed code, I'm pretty sure that's not the case. However, I know that in Norton you can tell it to scan different categories of files and apparently "cookies" are under "undesirable" files... I don't know what it is exactly called but yeah, that could possibly explain it.

Regardless, if you have tried what 50cents and I have suggested and it still persists, Reinstall Norton 360... it might be the time of month for it. -.-

If I ever learned something from computer nerds....it's that you NEVER get Norton.

I've heard that there's a certain program you have to get to uninstall Norton...I forgot the name of it

If you uninstall Norton yourself, that just failzors.

Next time try Malwarebytes or superantivirus. I've heard those are two good programs.

Norton is OKAY at best. I definitely would never recommend it but it can work if you know how to use it. Not the best at removing viruses though.

I would boot up into safe mode and run the scan, if you DO have a virus and its running it will not remove it unless you're in safe mode 90% of the time. That's why it keeps picking it up, the file is locked/protected or running and most virus scanners won't remove them.