Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Damn you COMPUTER

Awwik

So everytime i turn on my new computer, my breaker flips in my room. Does anyone know anything i can do to fix this? It sucks really bad because i have been waiting for parts and i finally got everything in and built. Now i cant even load windows because now my lights and the computer turn off. Please help :(

You might have copper wiring that can't hold over 500 watts on one line. Try a surge protector, if that fails, run an extension from another room that's designed for power i.e. the kitchen.

^This. You're either causing a short, or much more likely, that circuit can't take what you're trying to get from it. For instance, I can't use the microwave and have anything on in the living room or it trips the breaker. Your half-assed, lowest bidder wiring mileage may vary.

Most likely your hose was wired the old way sending the room on a multiple circuit. Is your breaker a regular breaker or is it a arc fault breaker

REG Breaker

905700.jpg

arc fault

mediamydoitbestcomimagerequestaspxsku527491&size2&warehouseC&newsize200.jpg

If it isn't then, you might have to rearrange all your outlets in your room. Cause if there is too much of a load the breaker will trip. So you might just have to unplug everything besides your comp. or take a drop cord and run it from another circuit in your house releasing the load on your circuit of the house.

If it is an arc fault then you need to change the arc fault breaker to a regular 15-breaker to release to tension load. Arc fault breakers are used to stop shortages and stops them from arcing. So most likely you have a short IF you have a arc fault breaker.

Either or doesn't work, your wiring is to old for the outage from the powerful computer you hold!

OH! and i almost forgot, IF you have an arc fault breaker, and the load from the outlet is too much or wires are touching the outlet. Which are causing them to arc every time you turn your computer on. Then you may have to replace the old outlet for a more industrial one.

I hope I didn't blow up your mind telling you this LOL!

Edited by fox*
gamma

^^^

Strong google

nope its from experience, since my dad is electrical contractor, he teached me everything about wiring houses and even wiring to cars and boats. Trust me I know what im talking about.

nope its from experience, since my dad is electrical contractor, he teached me everything about wiring houses and even wiring to cars and boats. Trust me I know what im talking about.

Though I take it your mom isn't an English teacher. :P