Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Admin "-.^brett" - Abusing his Power

mikejh

1. Abuser name: -.^brett

2. Their Steam Id: STEAM_0:1:13491593 16:36 121 0 active

3. What sever: Jail Break

4. About what time: 5 Am / March 10th 2009

5. PROOF: The demo shows him committing several offenses ("TK'ing, Gun Planting, Going Vents, Rude Language, Mic Spamming & Taking advantage of his admin powers) Note earlier although I do not have it on demo he was blinding / drugging players for the fun of it.

-.^brett.dem - Click Here

Admin Abuse.bmp

Seeing as Brett is a vibrant and active part of this community I'm going to give a long winded explanation to this video.

"TK'ing, Gun Planting, Going Vents, Rude Language, Mic Spamming & Taking advantage of his admin powers

Those things above are what you said he did. Let's go 1 by 1 and I'll tackle each one.

Tk'ing - Not possible. I don't know what that's supposed to mean.

Gun planting - The first minute or so of the demo he's running around while the T's have no orders and he's the last one. He's avoiding them and not shooting them because they aren't red. He's bunny hopping around and throws his M4 and Deagle. Usually by the end of the round people have guns anyways so that part isn't "wrong" per say. And not admin abuse because it's not an admin power to throw your gun to someone.

Going Into Vents - Again, not an admin abuse related offense. He runs vents following one T and being chased by the rest of them.

Rude Language - We don't necessarily have any rules against rude language in HG. Racial slurs are the exception and/or excessive swearing. Not related to admin abuse.

Mic Spamming - Brett screams. No one else was talking and no one was giving orders anyway. The people who did talk were laughing along with his sadistic, Krusty-like laugh. Not related to admin abuse.

Taking advantage of admin powers - The freeze was justified. The guy free killed 2 people with no warning and there weren't any orders for that round anyways.

The slaps however can't necessarily be justified. I can take the rout everyone else tries and say that he wanted to make the server fun but I'll try to avoid that. Anyways, for the most part there were no orders the whole time in that demo. Brett was usually the last one and just running around avoiding the horde of T's. He slapped himself to escape and yes, it was excessive so that's what needs to be looked at.

Gun planting - The first minute or so of the demo he's running around while the T's have no orders and he's the last one.

That is un-true at the very start of the round just as prisoners are being released (All CT's still Alive) he planted an M4 and another gun while several CT's are still alive. The following round when 4+ CT's are alive he once again plants an AK-47 on a prisoner.

I meant to say "Freeshooting / Killing" instead of "Tk'ing"

You can see in the demo that he kills on of the T's while being chased and is called out for it but does nothing.

Secondly at one part he free knifes a prisoner twice for no reason.

Lastly like I noted not on demo, he was drugging and blinding T's earlier before I began recording.

Edited by mikejh

Instead of freezing someone, admins are told to follow the slay/kick/ban format.... and mic spamming is mic spamming... it doesn't matter if anyone's talking or not......

I didn't see the demo, but according to both of your arguments, Brett is wrong and right.....

Still... I have no actual power in the decision ^^

Just listing the actual facts ^^ Not the sugarcoated biased tone o.o