Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Galaxy S

John

Just got my phone today, & was wondering if anyone had any cool apps/widgets they personally like on phones that run off Android.

for clark, my review-

After playing with my friends iphone4 for nearly a week straight, I'd have to say that this phone all together is better than the iphone4, especially in weight, seeing as the iphone4 is a fucking brick.

The Galaxy S, is very clean and runs incredibly smooth. The Super Amoled screen is very bright and clear.

Also being able to edit nearly everything on the phone is pretty nice as well.

I'll post more soon.

Quick rundown of apps that I use:

Amazon: their official app is pretty hotcakes, does just about everything you need it to.

Ringdroid: already told you about this one, but easily one of the best ringtone managers for Android.

Kindle: you can get the Android app for free, and they have a whole host of free books.

SilentMode OnOff/Wifi OnOff : They both create small one block widgets that allow one touch settings to set your phone to silent/vibe/sound and turn wifi on/off, respectively

Metal Detector: A fun, neat app that turns your Android phone into a metal detector. I've hear some people have problems with it, but if you properly calibrate it, it seems to work just fine.

Assistant Free: An awesome, free app that can manage credit card accounts, bank accounts, bills (like verizon.att&t!)many types of online accounts (amazon, newegg, ebay, etc) and can help you keep track of spending, and can be set to auto-notify you for various things (low bank account funds, payments made, etc). Pretty awesome for keeping track of your shit.

ScanLife: free barcode scanning app to check prices against various other retailers. I haven't found a more accurate one yet, but if someone knows of one, tell me!

Shazam: Best fucking app ever. It can take song clips and hunt down the song title for you. I've tried some really random shit and it's pretty damn accurate. So if you're ever in your car or in a store and you hear a song and want to know what the hell it is, this app is for you.

Astrid Tasks: a neat little app that creates a "to-do" widget for you to edit.

DropSearch: a lightweight search bar that can search various sources to find what you need, from actor names to a pizza recipe.

eStrong's File Explorer: file searching app. pretty self explanitory.

Geodelic: A really fun app that can point out places of interest in your general area.

Retro Clock: creates a big ass, easily viewable clock widget, with date too.

Skype Mobile: self explanitory

Where's my Droid: an awesome app that allows you to set a predetermined text message that will make your Android phone ring even when completely silenced, for a whole minute. Awesome for idiots like me who always lose their phone.

Skype Mobile as far as I know got pushed to Verizon, I can't get it on my Evo 4G yet. I know Iphones can get it but they made some weird deal with Verizon that so far prevented anything coming to my phone.

Also Lamp you forgot the app you use the most, match.com for Android!