Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Minigame server "difficulties"

Tekbot

EDIT:

Okay, so, after exploring further into the depths of the forums, I have learned that admins really shouldn't have these powers anyway. To quote a well known heavy weapons guy: "Stupid, stupid, stupid!" Totally new track here:

Are we allowed to teamswitch players that do not listen and refuse to switch themselves? Examples would be in the boxcutter map and the buses from hell map, where the t's need to have a very watchful eye kept on them, so that the rest of the server can enjoy the full range of the map.

DERP material:

Okay, so, I frequent the CSS minigame server nearly every day for hours each day. Almost every hour there comes a time when the players want to vote on something or change the map because they are bored/beat it already/etc. They also keep requesting for me to give them health/teleport them/noclip them.

My questions are:

1. Why do the vote commands not work?

2. Could we have a reset health command that could stop constant QQing? (Ex. would be on the bob map where people need health to get past certain parts)

3. I know this would be stretching it, but MAYBE a noclip OR teleport feature for admins to simplify things on the server. (again, some parts of each map are frustrating for some players)

I am satisfied with the admin now, especially the spray tracing. It comes in extremely handy when those troublemakers come in with disturbing sprays. I just think that it needs some extra features that could make the server experience more enjoyable and less stressful for the less skillful players out there that still want to have fun on the servers.

Also, on an unrelated note, the Disco minigame on the multigames map is still broken, even though the spinning death pillars were fixed. The only way to "win" disco is for everyone to rtv and change the map, or get eveyone to kill themselves, if there is no admin on. It makes for a mess.

/End DERP material.

Edited by Tekbot
I was totally not thinking here.

Vote commands? As in voteslay - that was taken off afaik. Haven't played CSS in a while, so I don't know of any others that are missing. In regards to the health reset/teleport/etc. It would make it unfair and cause WAY more problems, e.g. constant begging. Just tell them to have patience with the map, or help them a bit by guiding them.