Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

computer being gay .

Dr1zzen

so like a week ago my computer was running everything fine ..

now it takes like 2 minutes too start-up , my fps in most games is bad .

please guys help :D

If you wish for people to help then you need to give more information. Such as what Operating System are you running, what were the last few programs you have installed/ran, what are your computer spec's, ect. Because from generic description you gave its more then likely that one of the start-up programs is chewing up resources. To few a list of Start-Up Programs go to Start->Control Panel->Windows Defender->Tools-> Category(Startup programs). Another way to do this to get a complete set of Startup programs is opening Regedit and for both Current User and Local Machine go to the path "Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" for anything that you have to question google the name of the file, if its malicious delete the file first (following the value path) and then the registry key.

it isnt a alienware laptop.

ok my specs are intel core 2 duo @ 2.40 ghz

ram = 8gb

video card = nvidia geforce 8500 gt

and im running on windows 7 64-bit .

i installed Eset Nod32 antivirus and downloaded a couple of movies ,tv shows thats basically it .

i have about 200gigs left on my hard drive .

Edited by Dr1zzen
needed to add more