Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

CSS Hates me I swear...

DrChristina5000

Steam Support "Solution":

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1274-UOHK-5653

Solution #2

* Bug Title: HL2.exe crash

Bug Description: The game CS:S crashes to desktop with the error message "HL2 has stopped working" or "Memory cannot be read.

Fix: This is an iffy issue. The following fix was reported by a few that it worked. I can't stress enough how iffy this issue is, as many factors are involved here.

-Fix 1: Try verifying local game cache.

you do this by right clicking CounterStrike: Source in steam, then go to Properties. Click on the Local Files Tab, then click the "Verify Local Game Cache" button.

-Fix 2: Deleting Bin Folder. There are two bin folders inside your steamapps/username/counterstrike source folder. One is in the "root" of the game folder (the folder mention a second ago) and there is one inside cstrike folder.

Delete one bin folder, then start the game. The files will be replaced. If it didn't work, try the other folder.

Steam Forums

Steam Support "Solution":

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1274-UOHK-5653

Solution #2

* Bug Title: HL2.exe crash

Bug Description: The game CS:S crashes to desktop with the error message "HL2 has stopped working" or "Memory cannot be read.

Fix: This is an iffy issue. The following fix was reported by a few that it worked. I can't stress enough how iffy this issue is, as many factors are involved here.

-Fix 1: Try verifying local game cache.

you do this by right clicking CounterStrike: Source in steam, then go to Properties. Click on the Local Files Tab, then click the "Verify Local Game Cache" button.

-Fix 2: Deleting Bin Folder. There are two bin folders inside your steamapps/username/counterstrike source folder. One is in the "root" of the game folder (the folder mention a second ago) and there is one inside cstrike folder.

Delete one bin folder, then start the game. The files will be replaced. If it didn't work, try the other folder.

Steam Forums

I'm working on it now...thank you....hopefully it works.

uninstall CSS uninstall anything HL2 related. go to the following folders.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps

Delete all the CSS and HL2 stuff

go to

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\"steamname"\counter-strike source\cstrike\cfg

back up this folder so you can save your presets

go to this folder

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\"christina" User" or whatever your steam name is

delete all the CSS and HL2 folders

Reboot and reinstall CSS.

make sure its working and go copy your presets back in.