Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Random Lag Spikes?

Plaayer

When I play CSS, I get a 3-5 second lag spike that renders me unable to do anything in game. It's not the particular server that I go on, but all the servers in the CSS world? Any ways to fix this problem?

Specs:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core @ 2GHz

4GB of RAM

500GB Hard Drive

PNY nVidia 7600GS 256MB (planning to OC)

Windows Vista SP1 32-bit

connection details? (hard wired into the modem or other? type of service you have?)

the system seems ok due to the symptoms. i have experienced random DCs where i lived before, dunno if same cause for you. but yea, as posted above, try and optimize your data then we can talk more.

hmm

do you know what background programs are running while you are playing css?

If you have any background programs that you don't need while playing close them or

Download gamebooster and install it

It closes all the unnecessary background programs such limewire mtorrent

@Msaber: De-fragging CSS? I didn't even know you could defrag it but tell me how and I will try. I also already have CCleaner installed, and it doesn't really help.

@Moto: I run a wireless internet that is always in the "Excellent" or "Very Good" signal strength. My internet speed is 8 megabit download and 3 megabit upload. (Using speedtest.net)

@50cents: I close out of everything and the only programs I have open are Ventrilo, HLDJ, and of course CSS. I will also try Gamebooster.