Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Boot Combat Training -OR- How I'm Probably a Little Insane

Wingless

This is kind of early notice, but I'll be shipping off to Ft. Sill on the 29th of September, so I'll pretty much end up falling off the face of the earth* for something like 10-12 weeks at that point.

The short story is that I had some serious differences in opinion on a few major things with upper management and decided I couldn't work for them anymore. I ceremoniously (and diplomatically) told them to suck my dick about a month ago, started some political unrest and resigned.

I come from a military family, as does the wife, so this seemed like a logical thing to look at with the economy still pretty much in ruins. The downside, other than a high probability of going to Afghanistan and getting shot at? Less time for the internet. :P

Also, Crosshair, can you fix my title? I should have gone to bed 3 hours ago and reverted to Marine-brat mentality when typing it out.

*Please don't demote me. Thx.

Thanks bud.

Just an upside, the official war in Afghanistan is over. There are no more combat troops there.

Stay safe!

That would be Iraq not Afghanistan...The combat troops that were all pulled out of Iraq are now primarily heading into Afghanistan at least for the foreseeable year. After which there apparently is some loose agreement with the Afghan government to start to pull out troops, but its not likely that we will do a full combat withdrawal until 2-3 years from now.