Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Changing names?

DeathVash

well its not a HUGE legal thing but idk if anyone around here knows the clan IKTR. I started and ran the clan and had my name tied up to a few things I purchased for the clan and its a long ass story so I have to keep Angel in my name. I don't know 100% sure whether I can add things to angel like death angel or change the font but I really don't want to get charged (I mean by having to pay for with money)

omg everyone thinks i got vac banned. i didnt. that has to do with my name. a company gave me $500 and i basically did a shopping spree of games and the vac thought i was hacking so they banned my WHOLE account. but i explained them what happened and they cleared me of the ban but i have the stupid vac sign still up there

Guest The_Monkey

Stop pussyfooting around and explain the situation. Until then, you just sound a little retarded.

You will need to speak with upper staff (the doods with the orange names) or council to get your name changed. It is frowned upon, however.

omg everyone thinks i got vac banned. i didnt. that has to do with my name. a company gave me $500 and i basically did a shopping spree of games and the vac thought i was hacking so they banned my WHOLE account. but i explained them what happened and they cleared me of the ban but i have the stupid vac sign still up there

HOw much games you got?

You're lying by the way.

Edit:

I'm bored so I'm going to point out how you're lying.

First of all, VAC is a cheat detection system, nothing else. Steam has the power to block/disable your account if they wish. Something like this would happen if your account is logged into across multiple IP ranges throughout the country(or world obviously), as this implies the account is being shared or traded, which is against the ToS that you "agree" to.

Secondly, this is taken from the VAC discussion forum on Steam.

"As Valve has a zero-tolerance policy towards cheating, all VAC bans are permanent in nature and will not be lifted over time. Once you receive a VAC ban you may no longer play on VAC secure servers. "

The one accidental VAC ban I have heard of is through the ESEA client. After an update, the ESEA client still allowed players to join servers with it running. ESEA itself is a game inject, the code inside will always result in a VAC ban, this is why ESEA servers are not VAC secure.

I could probably go on and tell you how much you're lying to us but I'll finish it like this.

You were not VAC banned because you spent too much money on the Steam Store, in fact, I'm sure Steam would gladly take anyones money regardless if it was fraudulent or not.

Edited by ttaM

You're lying by the way.

Edit:

I'm bored so I'm going to point out how you're lying.

First of all, VAC is a cheat detection system, nothing else. Steam has the power to block/disable your account if they wish. Something like this would happen if your account is logged into across multiple IP ranges throughout the country(or world obviously), as this implies the account is being shared or traded, which is against the ToS that you "agree" to.

Secondly, this is taken from the VAC discussion forum on Steam.

"As Valve has a zero-tolerance policy towards cheating, all VAC bans are permanent in nature and will not be lifted over time. Once you receive a VAC ban you may no longer play on VAC secure servers. "

The one accidental VAC ban I have heard of is through the ESEA client. After an update, the ESEA client still allowed players to join servers with it running. ESEA itself is a game inject, the code inside will always result in a VAC ban, this is why ESEA servers are not VAC secure.

I could probably go on and tell you how much you're lying to us but I'll finish it like this.

You were not VAC banned because you spent too much money on the Steam Store, in fact, I'm sure Steam would gladly take anyones money regardless if it was fraudulent or not.

You sir, are amazing...