Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Wifi USB Thing not working

Enjuaguese

I re-built my computer today, and everything is working as normal

Except the Wifi.

I bought a D-Link Wireless G USB Wifi Adapter (http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=477) and when I install the drivers, they install as normal

Except when I get to the part of actually installing the drivers of the little USB thing itself

A Windows error message comes up saying "D-Link Wireless G USB Not Connected, Please connect now"

Even when it is connected, it still says that. I don't know what to do, because everything I've tried doesn't work.

Please help..

EDIT:

If you have a better suggestion of what I could get, please post. But nothing thats ridiculously priced.

That's part of your problem. With Windows 7 Microsoft put in a new verification system that makes it almost impossible to get internet without a valid copy. Go get legit lol.

Well, laptop has Win7, so is there anyway I could transfer that copy (its legit) into my new comp?

EDIT:

I found out that the update thing that found out if you had a pirate copy is unchecked for me...

Edited by Enjuaguese

Well, laptop has Win7, so is there anyway I could transfer that copy (its legit) into my new comp?

EDIT:

I found out that the update thing that found out if you had a pirate copy is unchecked for me...

Enju, each CD key should only let you use it on 1 computer. I haven't tried multiple though since i've got multiple keys lol.

A pirated copy wouldn't matter. And nothing is in your BIOS from having a "pirated copy".

1. Take the USB out then replug it, do you get a "Looking for new drivers" type message at the bottom right?

2. Are you installing the correct x86 OR x64 drivers?

3. Try a different USB port.

If this all fails, it's a D.O.A. (Dead on Arrival). Buy another one locally and if it works, get a refund for your current one or get credit.

A pirated copy wouldn't matter. And nothing is in your BIOS from having a "pirated copy".

1. Take the USB out then replug it, do you get a "Looking for new drivers" type message at the bottom right?

2. Are you installing the correct x86 OR x64 drivers?

3. Try a different USB port.

If this all fails, it's a D.O.A. (Dead on Arrival). Buy another one locally and if it works, get a refund for your current one or get credit.

No, it works, it just won't pick up wifi.

I didn't get that message, and theres no way to pick different drivers..

I did try a different port