Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Banned for implied racism ??

andrew83

Basically someone came blipping around a corner, threw a nade then ran away. I said something like some fag is fucking lagging. The HG members saw the censored text started in with "y u mad bro" "lol rage harder man" "raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaage". Essentially egging me on, so i bite and say it was gay to die to some spear chucker with a grenade. One of the [hg] tagged people said they thought that was racist and not funny. I said i was sorry for being racist, but that "I'm not surprised u dont find it funny because you sound like a tight-ass". In reality, spear-chucker has been used on letterman, the TV show and novel series M*A*S*H, and has been given as an affable nickname to a person I knew in highschool who pitched and had a last name of spears. I said it was about as racist as calling an indian an apple, and was banned.

To be honest, spear chucker is an epitath for anyone that lives in a 3rd world or tribal setting, and that covers so many races that it is a stretch to consider that true racism, its more bigotrous than what I believe you are going for by asserting it's a racial slur...

Given the individuals in game performance was being adversely affected by their use of subpar internet or computer, which is in no doubt a direct relation to their societal standing: poor or impoverished, I don't think I should be banned. Poor people should be in school, or working three jobs: not lagging around throwing grenades in counterstrike.

If you guys decide to unban me, I'll just dummy up and deal. Believe it or not, regardless of if im in full agreement or not, I appreciate the steps you take to subvert racism and control language on your servers. Other games with unfiltered chat often turn into a shit talking fest ( dota ), and it definately dilutes the fun factor in game.

Considering someone gets a permaban for the name "figger_naggot", I don't think a permaban is fair for the use of such an era-deprecated term. At anyrate, sorry for being racist.

Edited by Artillery

1. Your in-game name: andrew83

2. Server that you were banned on: [HG] 24/7 OFFICE N00b Training Facility - HeLLsG...

3. The Banning admin: HG | ttaM [r]

4. Your Steam-Id: STEAM_0:0:88970

5. Reason for ban: (see above)

It keeps logging me out when I try to edit my post.

Just because it was on M*A*S*H doesn't make it okay to say nowadays. MASH has used many other terms that are considered derogatory today.

While spear-chucker in itself isn't racist, it could be perceived as a racial slur by labeling tribes as so.

Also, in the military, a spear-chucker was code for first line infantry. That's why MASH used it.

You know. You've been banned for a week now. I hope you've made good use of this time learning how to keep things to yourself. I also see that you've had prior bans due to "innapropriate language."

Considering that this is the third time you've been banned, consider yourself lucky.

I'm going to unban you, but keep in mind that if you get banned again, no one is coming to your rescue.