Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Lets solve the Paid Admin Problems

blazedd

I think there is something to be said for the problems with paid admin. While it is hard to monitor or filter the new admin's $15 sellout (include myself) maybe there needs to be some qualifications met:

- Steam ID is more than a month old

- Player must pass a test that includes basic and advanced rules AND a set of rules for their server they are playing (example: jailbait would have questions about how to deal with a FKer)

- Player must not have X amount of ban reports, bans, etc

Well I am not talking about an instant activation change. i am talking about before you can even purchase it makes you take an online test with about 50 questions and it serves about 20 of them (randomly). Still instant activation, just this ensures people have to take intrest into the rules.

Unfortunately, Toxygen is correct. The system isn't broken in the sense that servers are emptied. The servers aren't imploding too much, and I've seen a trusted admin in the jb server usually, so people don't screw up much, or for long. There IS a learning curve to admining JB.

The truth is, there just is no way to fix this while retaining the paid admin. Now, I'd love to be proved wrong on that statement, but I just can't see it happening.

EDIT: I say the system isn't broken, but really I visualize it as being stressed and twisted out of shape. Becoming warped.

blazzed, i'm glad that your wanting to help, but something like this has been discussed so many times its stupid. The current system works fine. Admins have a set of rules they MUST follow or they will have their admin removed. That is what the abuse section is for. If an admin is abusing their power then get demo's and proof of it and something will be done. There really isn't any way to set a test of some sort, because the kind of test your asking for is something along the lines of a maturity test. How can you test for maturity? Answer= You can't. We have the abuse section to help keep admins from going extremely overboard. If there is a problem admin get proof of it and post in the abuse section.

blazzed, i'm glad that your wanting to help, but something like this has been discussed so many times its stupid. The current system works fine. Admins have a set of rules they MUST follow or they will have their admin removed. That is what the abuse section is for. If an admin is abusing their power then get demo's and proof of it and something will be done. There really isn't any way to set a test of some sort, because the kind of test your asking for is something along the lines of a maturity test. How can you test for maturity? Answer= You can't. We have the abuse section to help keep admins from going extremely overboard. If there is a problem admin get proof of it and post in the abuse section.

This x2.

And quit whining.