Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Unban Request

Chris.dmg

1. Your in-game name: Chris.dmg

2. Server that you were banned on: CS:S Office

3. The Banning admin: Prius

4. Your Steam-Id: STEAM_0:1:15714638

5. Reason for ban: Suspected Wall hacks

I'm just gonna say this I don't hack, I use a very loud headset so i can tell how many people are coming down one hall and where they are at. I understand the red flags that are raised when I somehow "Knew he was there" but I do not Hack. I play many other FPS games so sound is a huge advantage for me.

Thanks - Chris

Edited by Artillery

I use sound too, mind you. When I was watching you, the demo was short btw as pointed out by dark, You were acting like you knew ppl were in corners when they didnt make sound. Waited for like 10 seconds twice let your teammate go first to get an "excuse" to go in. I believe it was around tick 24000, but the first time you did it you waited a long time to go out. then finally when your teammate did and didnt even get shot by the guy you went out anyways and didnt look right at the one guy, but left instead. Also during that round, you proceeded to paper and waited another 15-20 seconds for the guy on top of the shelves to move. You then typed, you're up there again. Umm i know sound helps but that guy made absolutely 0 sound. and you knew he was in the corner. You died by him because you decided to type.

There's one thing to use sound and another to wait 20 seconds to kill a guy that makes no sound in a area. I still stand with the decision on keeping him banned.

I use sound too, mind you. When I was watching you, the demo was short btw as pointed out by dark, You were acting like you knew ppl were in corners when they didnt make sound. Waited for like 10 seconds twice let your teammate go first to get an "excuse" to go in. I believe it was around tick 24000, but the first time you did it you waited a long time to go out. then finally when your teammate did and didnt even get shot by the guy you went out anyways and didnt look right at the one guy, but left instead. Also during that round, you proceeded to paper and waited another 15-20 seconds for the guy on top of the shelves to move. You then typed, you're up there again. Umm i know sound helps but that guy made absolutely 0 sound. and you knew he was in the corner. You died by him because you decided to type.There's one thing to use sound and another to wait 20 seconds to kill a guy that makes no sound in a area. I still stand with the decision on keeping him banned.

Glad you pointed this out Moo. I was speaking to a friend of mine in Vent you might have seen him in there as Ands. When my teammate ran into the room you hear two shots one coming from the left and right, clearly telling me there is one in elbow and one around the hosties. Proceeding to paper Ands told me where that player was (being cocky) that's why i typed. Yes i realize it is ghosting and it's wrong but im pretty sure everyone has done it at least once

I do know that it seems supicious that chris hacks. I have played with chris for years and with other games.Even on those other games it seems he is hacking but I understand that he has gotten really lucky and in those years of knowing him I know he isn't hacking. He has even pisses me off sometimes. I also admit to ghosting for him a couple of times.

Ghosting is against the rules, no matter if you only do it once or more. Ghosting to the point where one of the people looks like they are hacking is even worse. If you even looked at the MOTD even once you would have seen that ghosting is against the rules so why did you do it in the first place?

Ghosting is against the rules, no matter if you only do it once or more. Ghosting to the point where one of the people looks like they are hacking is even worse. If you even looked at the MOTD even once you would have seen that ghosting is against the rules so why did you do it in the first place?

Can't really explain it when me and Ands are in vent it's like oh last guy is over there or watch out you have one to you left. It's not like im asking him it's just more of a common thing when were in vent

Also Prius you banned me because you thought I hacked you said "Turn the off" I told you I had none then you banned me

OK so

THis is what it comes down to

You were caught "walling"

You said you dont wall, but that its your awesome sound

Then your sound excuse doesnt work

You and your friend come back to say you two were ghosting

This has happened in Office before

People ghost to a point it seems they are using cheats

They get banned

Thats it

So either you're cheating and both of you are lying, or you are telling the truth, ghosted and broke the rules.. Which is it?

What I recommend happening, is that he shall get unbanned. This should be his only warning and that goes for Ands as well. Ghosting isn't allowed. Don't do it. We are in vent all the time playing Office and no one ghosts unless someones afk. That kind of ghosting is ok. But when they are here playing, you should not get an advantage like that over them.

Prius or other mods/admins looking at this. I say lift the ban for now. If this happens again, perma.

So what was i supposed to do lie?

No - you're supposed to tell the truth, which you did. Depending on how long this deliberation and what you were doing dictates what your punishment will be. Considering that ghosting is a bannable offense in our servers (might as well just have been wallhacking) and you seemed to dance around the answer for awhile. I don't think you deserved to be unbanned.

Comeback in a few months and we might consider reassessing your ban.