Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Fps Checker

Russki

In-game, you can easily pull them up with

cl_showfps 1 (or 2, which gives you an average)

net_graph 2

--------------------------

If your framerate seems locked to sixty, ensure you don't have Vsync on in your graphics properties...

This applies in-game settings and in your GPU Control panel (ati or nvidia, or intel...)

EDIT: didn't notice ninja enigma

BTW: It is highly unlikely that you will get 500+ fps in CS:S. I have a powerful system, but I usually only get 100 fps (Depends on server and population). I know there is a thread somewhere on these forums about improving FPS with quadcore/dualcore systems. Use the forum search function to find it. Even with that guide, you won't improve FPS a bunch. Doesn't matter though if you have at least 30 to 60 fps.

Edited by Bob the Android Penguin

hey i need a good Fps checker, because Fraps shows only 60 fps solid and i know i get more because i have gtx 460, with i7 950 3.07 GHz proccesor.

I should be getting like 500 at least is fraps only good one?

You're not gonna get 500fps in CS, period unless you're talking about the stress test. Even then its pointless.

The commands enigma listed are the proper CS commands for display FPS. If you want to use an FPS display program fraps is definitely my favorite.

The problem is you have vertical sync on, go to your video options and put it to disabled.