Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

HELP PLEASE

SovietWaffles

Hey recently I was playing some Gmods when suddenly the game disconnected me and I tried to reconnect. After trying to reconnect it said "Failed after 4 retries" and I shut down Gmods. I went to play Counter Strike: Source and when i connected to a server once again it kick me and claimed I had lost connection. I retried connection and it told me the same "Failed after 4 retries" message. Then I started up Day of Defeat: Source and it said the same message when connecting to a server. When I tried I went into "Find Servers" and no servers came up. I tried the same thing with Team Fortress 2 .I waited for a while and still it claimed it was "Refreshing server list" for the four games. I do not think it is internet connection because I can access the Team Fortress 2 store and the web browser on my steam but Toybox and multiplayer will no connect for me If someone could PLEASE help me regain connection to the server lists for all three games it would be greatly appreciated.

-hg- SovietWaffles

If you could respond ASAP if you can help that would be good

Edited by SovietWaffles

Hey recently I was playing some Gmods when suddenly the game disconnected me and I tried to reconnect. After trying to reconnect it said "Failed after 4 retries" and I shut down Gmods. I went to play Counter Strike: Source and when i connected to a server once again it kick me and claimed I had lost connection. I retried connection and it told me the same "Failed after 4 retries" message. Then I started up Day of Defeat: Source and it said the same message when connecting to a server. When I tried I went into "Find Servers" and no servers came up. I tried the same thing with Team Fortress 2 .I waited for a while and still it claimed it was "Refreshing server list" for the four games. I do not think it is internet connection because I can access the Team Fortress 2 store and the web browser on my steam but Toybox and multiplayer will no connect for me If someone could PLEASE help me regain connection to the server lists for all three games it would be greatly appreciated.

-hg- SovietWaffles

If you could respond ASAP if you can help that would be good

Sounds like you have a firewall blocking the steam ports. Unblock them whether on your router or your antivirus/firewall software.