Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Help with computer upgrades / issues?

Player3

Alright so here are some specs, let me know if I should list more info

Video Card -- NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS

OS -- Windows 7 64bit

Processor -- AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+ 2v4 GHz

4 gigs of RAM

My computer has troubles running Bad Company 2, its slow to load the graphics even on low quality. It runs CSS and l4d2 perfectly fine.

Is this a problem with my graphics card or my processor? Its a fairly old computer, if that means anything.

(I'm trying to learn how computers work [gaming wise], whats important, etc, so any help is appreciated)

Thanks~

Alright so here are some specs, let me know if I should list more info

Video Card -- NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS

OS -- Windows 7 64bit

Processor -- AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+ 2v4 GHz

4 gigs of RAM

My computer has troubles running Bad Company 2, its slow to load the graphics even on low quality. It runs CSS and l4d2 perfectly fine.

Is this a problem with my graphics card or my processor? Its a fairly old computer, if that means anything.

(I'm trying to learn how computers work [gaming wise], whats important, etc, so any help is appreciated)

Thanks~

Okay the MAIN issue is your video card is very old 2005-2006, it's in need of an upgrade for today's games. The CPU isn't bad, it'll do for now, upgrade the simplest thing first.

There are several cards out today that will make the game playable.

The question I have to ask is, what brand and how many watts is your power supply? That will determine what videocard's you can look into. (will also need a budget for this upgrade.)

These are your game requirements:

Minimum Frostbite PC Specifications for BFBC2 & BF1943.

* Processor: Core 2 Duo @ 2.0GHz

* Main memory: 2GB

* Graphics card: GeForce 7800 GT / ATI X1900

* Graphics memory: 256MB

* Free HDD space:

o 15GB for Digital Version, 10GB for Disc Version (BFBC2)

o 10GB for Digital Version, 4GB for Disc Version (BF1943)

Recommended Frostbite PC Specifications for BFBC2 & BF1943

* Processor: Quadcore

* Main memory: 2GB

* Graphics card: GeForce GTX 260

* Graphics memory: 512MB

* Free HDD space:

o 15GB for Digital Version, 10GB for Disc Version (BFBC2)

o 10GB for Digital Version, 4GB for Disc Version (BF1943)

Your CPU does not meet the minimum game requirement. The 7900 GS GPU has 256 MB of memory. Your video card does meet the minimum game requirement, but not the recommenced requirement. With that in mind, I think Nick said it best: Dual Core + 7900gs = no good

^ In that case I'd suggest he checks the video card drivers and top make sure they are up to date.

Offtopic: Lol, you obviously didn't read either Terry's or Crosshairs posts. Might I suggest just shutting up?

Ontopic: I would do as Crosshair suggested first, try turning off the one option and if it is still doing it then we can go with Terry's idea and try finding you a good upgrade.

Alright I turned off HBAO and that helped a ton -- although the game is still choppy when I zoom in and with large explosions.

Now I think it comes down to my poor processor and outdated graphics card, which both need updating.

Thanks for all of the help guys :D

Alright here is my power supply:

Bestec atx-300-12z (300W I think, I'm such a computer noob, give me some slack here)

After a processor and video card upgrade I'd a snappy, responsive, high res computer that can multitask an average amount of programs at once and can run todays games (nearly) flawlessly.

Any help or suggestions is GREATLY appreciated.