Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Need help choosing a Motherboard

Player3

I'm building my own PC so of course I have to choose which motherboard I want...but I have no idea what to look for in a motherboard so I'm hoping you guys can help me out.

Please give suggestions, whats specs are important, or anything I should know when purchasing one.

All help is very appreciated!

x58 for casual use= o_O unless you are an experienced overclocker... I dunno, seems like a waste.

I use the intel gigabyte P45 that I bought like 3 years ago. I use it for the things you described(gaming and adobe suite) and it works fine. It is 130 bucks. Opposed to 300-400 for something you wont use at full capacity.

A: Less than 350

B: What other parts(if any) do you have -- None.

C: Intel

D: Mainly everyday use and casual (high res) gaming. Occasionally using Photoshop and other memory intensive software.

So are you asking for JUST a motherboard suggestion? You have NO other parts? You can spend 350$ easily on a motherboard, or spend 350$ on a CPU/MOBO/RAM.

I recommend that you wait for the Sandy Bridge Intel CPU's. Unless that is you need your build now. Then I would say, go with an i5-760 and a 1156 socket mobo. Anything by ASUS, Gigabyte, and MSI are very very good. IF you are looking into SLI/CF, then look for a larger motherboard with more PCIe x16 slots. You probably won't need USB 3.0 or SATA 6Gb/s, but they are nice and new features.

Please let me know if you want to buy your rig now or if you can wait until next year when Sandy Bridge comes out.

I have that as my backup, I have the x58 Classified running now though =P

I'm jelly...

Edited by Dizfunky