Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

OS disk or help GRR

FukLife

Okay so yesterday morning I go to get on Everquest 2 to play for a little with friends and idk if you guys are familiar with "station launcher" that you have to use for EQ2. But a update would pop up over and over again for it. i kept clicking update but nothing happens. So i tryed reinstalling both EQ2 and Station launcher and now they both are corrupted files so i deleted the files uninstalled reinstalled once again and same thing happens.

So I then tryed going into counterstrike to play and now the same thing is happening with it.

So I was going to say screw it and reboot my whole system but then now I can't find my windows OS disk.

So what I am asking is does anyone have a windows XP OS disk I may borrow?!? lol, or can someone help me out with station launcher and etc.

Thanks.

well I already uninstalled both programs so I would have to reinstall them to show the screen shot lol... But far as it goes I can show you the exact message actually.

"An update to Station Launcher has been found. Click 'Update Now' to start patching immediately. This will restart Station Launcher."

I was just informed to turn off the UAC but i don't even know what UAC is lol.

You're right, it's quite possible.

If you're running windows Vista,

Method #1 - Using MSCONFIG

1. Launch MSCONFIG by from the Run menu.
  2. Click on the Tools tab. Scroll down till you find "Disable UAC" . Click on that line.
    disable_uac_1.gif
  3. Press the Launch button.
  4. A CMD window will open. When the command is done, you can close the window.
  5. Close MSCONFIG. You need to reboot the computer for changes to apply.

You can re-enable UAC by selecting the "Enable UAC" line and then clicking on the Launch button.

For Windows 7, see http://www.petri.co.il/disable-uac-in-windows-7.htm

Hope that helps.

Try installing EQ2 and the Station Manager in another location (directory). It may help, I've personally found it helps in XP (but I'm on 7 so I won't be able to verify whether it works).

As well, if you can get a screenshot of the error or condump (dump the text) for us please :D

this_th.jpg

this is the box that keeps popping up and when i hit update now it restarts Sation launcher and then pops up again, proceeds to do this over and over.

So I hit update later and then it went to update EQ2 once it got done with that update it then says "file to large" for EQ2

This is a shot in the dark but do you have enough HDD space (n < 50%)? to download the update, and have the game.

Edit: I found something on Sony's website, not sure if it pertains to you

http://forums.station.sony.com/station/posts/list.m?topic_id=11500012848

Sorry to ask you again, can you take a screenshot of the actual error? Thanks

well once this re installation of everquest 2 ends i will try the update again and show you the error after.

Yes I have enough disk space for sure. i have 78 gigs still available.

If that doesn't work I will try what you suggested also on the Sony forums and see if that may work.

Thank you for helping Enigma. I will get back to you then :P

OMG Enigma I figured it out on my own lol, I was sitting here watching tv believe it or not and a commercial came on about virus protections for your computer. So I was like wait maybe my firewall or maybe Avast is not letting the updates go through. So I took Avast off. Still wasn't working. So I ran firewall.clp and took firewall off and BOOM it now works. The whole damn time. Enigma you got a huge sledge to hit me over the head with bro? HAHA thanks though for helping :P