Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Sigh...

Plaayer

This has really been pissing me off lately, and I want to get to the bottom of it. Lately, my internet has been super slow. My parents are paying for 10mbps (or higher) for internet, yet I only get 1.5 with a 100+ ping when the server is <50 miles away.

1053773556.png

However, if I do the test in Tauranga, I get better internet speeds with only about 150 ping.

1053771193.png

This slightly irritates me. I did do these tests at about the same time I posted this. (9:30-9:45 PST) If you can help, please comment below.

Note: I did reset my router before these two tests. I also had nothing downloading and only Speedtest running.

ISP: RoadRunner

City: Long Beach

Speed w/ router: Supposed to be 10mbps.

EDIT: Did this to refrain from double posting.

Maybe I just need a new router. I can't even connect with my phone to my router (I placed the phone ON TOP of my router).

Edited by Plaayer

10Mbps /= 10 MBps

Internet is advertised in megabits, not megabytes, confusing yes. 8 megabits = 1 megabyte. So if you have 10Mbps internet, your speeds are on PAR for download/upload, but the ping seems high. I'm guessing if your ping was good before, that something is running in the background eating up your internet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_rate_units