Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Problem with new premium content

Syndic

I have been playing in dust2 unlimited deathmatch for like 6 mo, never had any problems until now. Every time I join the server, my computer re-downloads all the new content, but it never works. All the new models show up as a giant flashing error for me and I get load error messages in console. I have searched the forum, and tried what I could find; cl_downloadfilters is already set to all etc. I also checked my steam folder, and made sure it was not set to read only or something silly like that. I am often in the top20 in the server, and really enjoy playing there (Syndic Mitth'raw'nuruodo is my game name). Is there something that anyone could recommend for a fix?

I would bet I could fix it if someone could point me to all the custom content that I can download and manually add to my client... or if anyone has another recommendation, I would greatly appreciate it.

This is what I recommended to people in the past and it has worked

1. Ensure cl_downloadfilter is set to all

2. Please rename the folder "models" in your game dir and allow it to recreate the models

e.g. C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\%username%\counter-strike source\cstrike

rename folder "models"

let me know if that works

While I really appreciate the fast response, still no luck.

I closed out of steam completely, renamed the folders models, sounds, and materials. Reset my computer for good measure, got back into css, checked cl_downloadfilter, which was set to all. I changed it to nosound, then back to all... again, just for good measure. I rejoined, everything downloaded once again, but when it got done, the problem still existed, and the VIPs were still just the giant word error. I disconnected from the server and rejoined, and it started the download all over once again.

hmm that's a tough call

You can try deleting the "models" folder (first back it up to desktop or somewhere else)

Verify the game cache files

Oh yeah, please disable Steam Cloud synchronisation

Honestly, I had the same issue since the update and after doing what I suggested above, my models were fixed. :(

I tried backing up the folders to somewhere else and deleting them, along with disabling steam cloud service. No luck still. I looked through my cfg and did not find anything that should cause a problem, downloadfilter was set to all, allowdownload set to 1... The only things I have changed since install was switching shift and ctrl through the GUI, all the rest has been the same since install. I will get a pm to you with it in a bit... but I dont think there is any issue there.

I really think if someone could give me a location to download the content outside of the game, I could get it to work... the only other thing I can think of would be to reinstall css or steam all together, and I really do not want to go through that hassle.