Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Gaming PC Spec Double-Check

Spedione

Anyone got any suggestions on any other parts I could add/switch IN THE SAME PRICE RANGE?

RAIDMAX Hurricane - Case

Corsair Builder Series 500 Watt PSU - Power Supply

Geil Value PLUS 4GB (2x2GB) - RAM

BIOSTAR H55A+ Open Box ATX Intel - Motherboard

Intel Core i3-540 3.06GHz Dual-Core - Processor

The graphics card is the nVidia GTX 275 I won.

I'm willing to swap out any of the above parts except the graphics card for anything else in the same general price range, keep in mind that I am on a shoestring budget...

EDIT: I've also got some Thermal Grease picked out and a fan picked out to go along with it, so, feel free to voice your opinions on those as well.

well when it comes to buying cheap pc's it not always necessary cheaper. i would just sud-just that you go over and find a factory refurbished pc ,core 2 quad prob and use that .or go build a core 2 quad pc Intel Core 2 Quad 2.66 maybe and overclock it to 3.0 use most of the same stuff you get the benefit of four cores ruining but benchmarks are really close upside slightly faster...downside building on a dead socket if you could save up for a i5 i totally would do it here a benchmark im not trying to advertise but yeh.http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/76?vs=118 read the benchmark throughly some will be higher is better others will be lower is better

Everything is good, but I tweaked it a little bit.

Intel Core i3 550 Dual Core 3.2GHz~~~~Same price as your processor, but a tiny bit better.

Kingston XMS3 4GB DDR3 1600~~~~Same thing as your ram, but a $10 mail in rebate, so you save $7.

OCZ ModXStreamPro 600W Modular~~~~+100 watts, $21 savings from promo code and rebate, but its about the same price.

Thermaltake V3 Black Edition~~~~About $3 cheaper because of shipping. Cable management is a little hard on this case, but the modular power supply helps.

You can use the same motherboard as stated above.

Hope this helped Spedione!

-TehPlaayer. <3

I have, but I am definitely waiting for the Sandy Bridge release at CES 2011, just for the price drops on everything else. I may go with AMD, but I can't really see any reason to do so with this build. If someone can show me some benchmarks where an AMD in the same price range gets better FPS than an Intel, I'll go there.

I have, but I am definitely waiting for the Sandy Bridge release at CES 2011, just for the price drops on everything else. I may go with AMD, but I can't really see any reason to do so with this build. If someone can show me some benchmarks where an AMD in the same price range gets better FPS than an Intel, I'll go there.

amd bull dozer will come out then to so prices are going to go way down

but for gaming you definetly want more cores..in mose benches intel wins due to hyperthreading but the thing is it doesnt really help in game

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103679

http://www.guru3d.com/article/core [...] -review/11

focus on the second chart the first one is heavily dependent on hyper threading which amd doesnt have

im not gonna say amd is better then intel but for a budget gaming build..amd is haha

its comeing out march 2011 i would w8 till september tho there better processor will be comeing out then .