Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Windows 7 language

Tommo

So yeah.

Recently i brought i desktop computer. I ordered that i wanted Windows 7 English on it.

But the lazy idiots at the computer shop could only be bothered to supply me with the danish one.

So i was wondering, is there a way to change the language of windows, without having windows 7 ultimate?

Because i have started to get confused with the danish one, even though i thought in the beginning that i could live with it.

I have searched on youtube and on google, but i dont seem to understand some of those methods.

Thanks in advance guys.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/19039-can-i-install-language-pack-rtm-home-premium.html

technically speaking, you can't do it because of licensing limitations. There are people that were able to slipstream a MUI patch into their installation of Windows 7 (Starter ,Home Premium etc...) without Windows 7 ultimate.

Read up on slipstreaming and Windows AIK, it's extremely technical but doable.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/19039-can-i-install-language-pack-rtm-home-premium.html

technically speaking, you can't do it because of licensing limitations. There are people that were able to slipstream a MUI patch into their installation of Windows 7 (Starter ,Home Premium etc...) without Windows 7 ultimate.

Read up on slipstreaming and Windows AIK, it's extremely technical but doable.

Can i fuck up my legit copy of windows doing this?

Not really, at the point of activation, it shouldn't notice any irregularities since all Windows 7 editions differentiate at license level only.

I think you should be okay trying it, just make sure you back up your computer and Windows installer disc.

I will look into this.

Donate me money, so i can upgrade to ultimate.. im scared.