Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

External HDD Issues

Spindrift

Hey guys, I just received a new external HDD and I am having a bit of trouble connecting it to my computer. The HDD is brand new and should not have any issues.

The HDD:

Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST31500341AS 1.5TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

I have it connected to a housing unit and then to my computer via USB cable. Everything seems to work fine with the housing unit, because when I turn it on, it begins to run. The problem that I am having it that it is not appearing under "Computer" with my other disk drives (C and D). Instead, it appears under "Devices and Printers."

I've been troubleshooting it with my friend all day and have updated drivers and done everything possible that I can think of. I need help.

Depending on your needs, this might just do it

Headover to diskmgmt.msc (by typing it in run) and look for your hard-drive.

It should have no letter enumerated so what you cna do is right click on the blank drive, format it (if you haven't already), and it will then ask you if you want to assign a drive letter.