Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

ripping music off an ipod?

Weeman

ok here's the deal. I was originally just gonna pull the music off this chicks hard drive but this hard drive is SO OLD it doesnt even use IDE nor a 3 pin power connector(didnt know these things fucking existed still.) So my question is, does anyone know of any software that will work with an ipod touch and allow me to rip the music off of it free? irip doesnt work for me unless i restore the ipod (which is the opposite of what i need to do.) I have also tried anapod copygear.

Alright, I'm not sure if this works on an iTouch, but heres what you can do.

1) Plug in your iPod into your computer and open it using My Computer.

2) Once you're iPod is open, click on the tab's Organize>Folder and Search Options>View. Then, click on the little check box that says, "Show hidden files and folders." (I'm on vista so it should be the same for 7.)

picture1dh.jpg

picture2fi.jpg

3) Once you do that, a hidden folder called "iPod_Control" should open. Click on that, then click on the music folder.

4) Copy ALL the folders (folders name should look like F00, F01) from the Music folder, and paste it wherever you like. I put mine in the iTunes folder created in the My Music folder.

picture3iq.jpg

5) Now, it's all copied and ready to go. You should notice that it the mp3 files have weird names. Don't worry, it will work out.

6) Open iTunes, and click on File>Add Folder to Library.

picture4rp.jpg

7) Find where you put your music, and shift+click the multiple folders where your music is stored. So, the F00 and F01 folders. Click "Select Folders."

8) Your music should start uploading into iTunes, with how your name, artist, etc. is on your iPod/iTouch.

Voila! You're done! I will edit in some pictures to help with this.

Hope this help's you guys!

EDIT: I've added the pictures.

Edited by Plaayer

If the Ipod touch is jailbroken you can access the music through SSH.

Once you SSH you can find the music at "private/var/mobile/media/iTunes_Control/Music" and the folders (F00, F01, etc.) will contain all the music. From here you can follow post by Plaayer on point 5.

If you dont want the weird MP3 file names, you can use "TagScanner" to change the file name to be "%artist% - %title%"

261hyis.jpg

BTW #4 won't work, it only works for older ipods

Edited by 2ez4u