Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

CSS Not Responding

Yoohoo

This problem just started happening today, it worked fine yesterday.

When I click to play CSS, it opens up and the screen with the 2 counterstrike dudes become visible. It's the main menu screen but without the different text options to click on. It stays on that screen for a few seconds and says loading. Then the whole screen goes black and if I ctrl alt delete it says the program isn't responding.

Anything I can do to fix this? I already restarted steam.

http://www.sevenforums.com/gaming/21073-counter-strike-source-crash-w7.html

Read the thread (but ignore the MUI aspect of it)

Second, have you tried reinstalling Steam to a different DIR? (e.g. instead of C:\Program files (x86)\Steam , install it to C:\Steam)

It's quite circumstantial of what you say.

Another possibility is that if you can get the Windows Event Viewer log for this Steam Crash.

Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer -> Application ->

Find the one that says HL2.exe that happened near the time of this crash.

Post it here but first try the two suggestions above.

*This will wipe all in CSS Folder so if you want to save maps drag and put them some where else, and add them back in later.

//////////////////////

1. Uninstall CSS.

2. Delete CSS Folder in "C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\Counter-Strike Source".

3. *click Start*, *Go to Run, or type it in search box and click on it*

4. Type "regedit". Then browse to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Valve"

5. There you see a directory named "Source". Delete that directory.

6. Install CSS again and should be good as NEW! if not must be your rig...

-GEKKO

Thanks for all the quick replies, after reinstalling css, I learned from a friend of mine that it was just my resolution that needed to be fixed. He said my computers resolution was too big and CSS's was too small, so it just wouldn't respond. I lowered my resolution and now it is working. Sorry for troubling you all!