Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

~Returning with a New Beast Rig~

Isaac

Here the spec's of my new gaming rig that am getting next month.

{Shout Outs} [Rumor for making my rig and who's going to build it.]

[Superskreech for some input on my rig to make it pro.]

-------------

-Antec Twelve Hundred Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case.

-EVGA 131-GT-E767-TR LGA 1366 Intel X58 SLI3 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard.

-Antec TruePower New TP-650 650W Continuous Power ATX12V V2.3 / EPS12V V2.91 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC "compatible with Core i7/Core i5" Power.

-CORSAIR XMS3 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800).

-Intel Core i7-950 Bloomfield 3.06GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor.

-LG DVD±RW SuperMulti Drive Black SATA Model.

-EVGA 01G-P3-1370-TR GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video.

-Athena Power 10 " Extension & Conversion Four-In-One Model CABLE-M204M204F.

-APEVIA 9 1/2" Cable Model CVTP8E.

-Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

-Prolimatech Megahalems Rev.B CPU Cooler.

-RAZER Lachesis 5600 Black 1 x Wheel USB.

-Scythe SY1225SL12SH 120mm "Slipstream" Case Fan.

-Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive.

----------------------------------------

Am coming back and Watch out 10men's and ESEA.

Edited by Isaac

It's a beast Issac! I love it but to clean it you have to take all the panels out....it's a bitch. Superscreech said he was going to show me the easy way but never did. If I were you I would ask him before you buy it. Honestly its the only thing I have had to complain about and my rig I'd kinda like yours but Amd.

It's a beast Issac! I love it but to clean it you have to take all the panels out....it's a bitch. Superscreech said he was going to show me the easy way but never did. If I were you I would ask him before you buy it. Honestly its the only thing I have had to complain about and my rig I'd kinda like yours but Amd.

Oh k bro i'll ask him.

You buy it yet? Cuz you could hop up to the GTX 460 2GB or the 470 for only 30 or so bucks... and get MUCH better performance. In any case, nice rig, how much was it? I'm in the market for a new rig myself but I'm thinking of going Phenom with all the sales on ibuypower for the upper level six-cores.

You buy it yet? Cuz you could hop up to the GTX 460 2GB or the 470 for only 30 or so bucks... and get MUCH better performance. In any case, nice rig, how much was it? I'm in the market for a new rig myself but I'm thinking of going Phenom with all the sales on ibuypower for the upper level six-cores.

Thank you.Nah I haven't bought it yet, Am ordering all the parts off newegg next month when i have all the money. Its going to cost $1,460.

Looks fine but that is the wrong ram for an x58 chipset. It is a full triple channel board so you need to switch to 3x2gb sticks or you will not be happy.

Shouldn't matter, you can still run Dual Channel kit as long as it is still DDR3 but you won't get Triple Channel benefits (there aren't really any benefits anyway).

@Issac

If you are going to drop that much cash on a new rig I would wait for Intel's new Sandy Bridge CPUs to come out and see how it performs, maybe even AMD's Bulldozer CPUs.

Prices around that time will probably go down for the Bloomfields' as well.

Edited by Cefdinir

Shouldn't matter, you can still run Dual Channel kit as long as it is still DDR3 but you won't get Triple Channel benefits (there aren't really any benefits anyway).

@Issac

If you are going to drop that much cash on a new rig I would wait for Intel's new Sandy Bridge CPUs to come out and see how it performs, maybe even AMD's Bulldozer CPUs.

I PROBABLY SHOULDN'T BE POSTING THIS^

uh oh

Edited by Fps_Ben
wth jsut happen

@Issac

Sure there is not much performance gained, but why would you put dual channel in an x58 chipset. That's retarded. Unless you're using it as a temporary solution.

Agreed on SandyBridge, that comes out in a couple weeks, and it will be faster than i7.

Sure there is not much performance gained, but why would you put dual channel in an x58 chipset. That's retarded. Unless you're using it as a temporary solution.

Agreed on SandyBridge, that comes out in a couple weeks, and it will be faster than i7.

dam first time I heard of some SandyBridge, i'll get rumor to check into it for me. Thanks guys.

Edited by Isaac

Awww. I should have bought my PC later than.... too late.

However, Isaac isn't the only one that shall return with a new PC, although not as great as his. I just bought parts so they should be coming in next week. (1/3/11) What irritates me is that tracking your items through UPS, it says that the parts are like 20 minutes away from my house. GRR.

Specifications (also in my sig):

CASE: Cooler Master CM 690 II Basic

CPU: Intel Core i5-760 ~ 2.8GHz Quad Core

Motherboard: Asus P7P55D-E LX

RAM: Corsair XMS3 4GB (2x2GB) ~ DDR3 1600 ~ 9-9-9-24 Timings

Graphics: EVGA GTX 460 Superclocked EE ~ 1GB GDDR5

HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB