Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Recording Problem

Guest Batters

Guest Batters

I have a problem with recording :s. I go into the console and type record (filename) and then stop when i am done but it doesnt do anything :s. In all the information i have found in the forums it is meant to save in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\<Your Steam Name\counter-strike source\cstrike. my problem might be in that to get to the same folder i have to go through a valve file as well (C:\Program Files (x86)\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\<steam username>\counter-strike source\cstrike). is there a way to change where it saves to or is this unlikely to be my problem?

Thanks for any help :)

Batters (Matthew)

Edited by Batters
removing name

first of all in your first post

delete your username ... and Put <My username>

Now with your problem

im not sure but

have you ever tried to update steam?

because i've seen some cases when steam doesn't update by itself

Guest Batters

oops, didnt think about that :L removed now :)

hmm, that is a thought i'll have a look now, :) thanks

Edit: nope, "your steam client is up to date" :(

Edited by Batters
status

All record demos are in your cstrike folder. To my knowledge, there is no way to change that. (because when watching demos, they need to be in your cstrike folder)

To get to you cstrike folder (when uploading demos to http://www.zhost.hellsgamers.com)

Open up my Computer

Then go to Program Files

Then Steam

Then Steam Apps

Find Your User Name

Then Counter Stirke-Source

Then cstrike

the demo files will be a .dem file. This is the correct file to upload when doing ban reports and ban requests.

I hope this helps.

Wouldn't be able to say for certain?

Have you tried typing "stop" after finish recording in the console? you have to in order to get the demo to save. If you just disconnect/quit the game, it may not record it.

http://halflife2.filefront.com/file/MultiDemo_Recorder_Script_For_Source_Engine_Games;35233

^ something I saw that may/may not help

Guest Batters

okayy, i know what the problem was. i wasnt putting .dem after the filename :/ succesfully recording now :)

below is my first video i made (spectating someone i wasnt sure about whether they were hacking - dont think they were but yeahh :L) :) just to try it out :P forgot to stop it hence so long :P and no you dont have to watch it :P

[ATTACH]3877[/ATTACH]

loki.dem

Edited by Batters
adding video