Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Microphone Problems, HELP!

Pivotpwn

ok, so i just bought a new microphone and i need help.

When i go into game (css) and try to test the microphone all i get is static, and echos.

When i go into a server,and i try voice_loopback 1 again all i hear is echos.

I then went into steam and tried to change the push to talk buttons, and now when im in game it doses't even recognize my microphone, so please i really want to fix my mic so i can use it in game! :wtf:

I'm using Realtek HD Audio Manager.

help, help!

ReStart steam---->go to setting---->voice settings----->test microphone-----> go in CSS----> doesnt work return it

its not the microphone, because i had it done with an old microphone i had. i fixed it somehow by messing with some controls, on my old windows XP that i did like 3, 4 years ago but that doesn't work because im using vista, and it has to do with the sound board or sound card and some tweaks here and there, but i just cant figure it out, so anyone else got any suggestions?

like changing some options in the sound manager because that worked last time i did it, but i cant remember on how to do it anymore, im really just trying to get rid of the echo, because the microphone is picking up the sounds that i am getting in game.

haha, nvm guys, i figured it out. all i had to do was set it to a default device on the audio control panel. Thanks for the help anyways guys! sooo... do i close the thread, or does a mod do it? or do you guys just move it to the dump? different forums = different thread options :P