Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

New PC Problems

Plaayer

Alrighty, so today, I got one of the most exciting box full of goodies, new PC parts. I put everything together and was excited to do the first power on. I turn it on, and plug it in into the monitor in the "office" room. What shows up on the monitor? Nothing. I turn it off and look inside to see if I missed anything. Nope. Turn it back on and still, nothing. Thinking the monitor was bad (which it isn't) I haul this big case into my room, to no avail... So can you help?

These were my first assumptions:

1. Bad video card.

2. Bad power supply. (but everything else is fine)

3. Bad motherboard.

tl;dr - no video and I need help

does the computer actually come on or is the monitor just not coming on? if it's just he monitor not coming on then you did something wrong hooking up your video card. Or it was messed up in the factory. as what nick said also.

All the fans in the case are on and active. Both monitors work fine and the PC powers on. No beep codes are heard. The HDD light is solid, so Im pretty sure it's acitve, but not entirely. I really hope that it wasn't messed up at the factory or during shipping.

Also, if needed to know the power supply is 750w, so it's enough.

Yes. I took out the card and out it back in just to make sure and the 2 6-pins are connected.

EDIT: I took everything out of the case and booted it outside. It worked! Not really sure what happened, but I'm not going to argue. I must have forgot one thing or another. Thanks to everyone who helped though!

Edited by Plaayer
Updates.