Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

expanded powers

prylour

is there any ways to get more admin powers to fun up the game it gets a little dry at night. maybe like low grav, drug, tele and freeze just so the ten of us all nighters can play more games at while its slow

Tele and freeze just lead to abuse, and low grav just makes the server chaotic. The only commands that I wish admins could have (and I'm assuming you're talking about in jailbreak) are custom votes with commands like ma_color and whatever the command is to change HP. That way, you can start vote to see who wants to have a "fun" round and act accordingly.

Obviously commands like ma_color can also lead to abuse and get out of control, so I think only certain admins should have it, but over all I agree - It's hard to make the server "fun" because all the commands under "fun player management" are considered abuse.

We had a group meeting with several Council members, Staff members, and Dani-Jailbreak's Head Admin. We gave you what you need. I appreciate you coming here, and Rize as well, and asking legitimately instead of bitching like the others. The fact is that everyone's definition of fun is different. One admin might think CT 500 HP day is amazing and end up clearing the server out. Maybe down the road once all the idiot admins lose it, they are well on their way, they don't know what we see, you'll get more. But until then you've gotta deal with it.

I do color all the time. You 'could' give some of the respected admins ma_color, ma_drug, and ma_sethealth (sethealth is pushing it a bit it could be abused) but I do fun rounds like that all the time. The players seem to enjoy those commands if used properly

I do color all the time. You 'could' give some of the respected admins ma_color, ma_drug, and ma_sethealth (sethealth is pushing it a bit it could be abused) but I do fun rounds like that all the time. The players seem to enjoy those commands if used properly

I have ma_drug, just not ma_color or ma_customvote or whatever it is. I'm not really sure how ma_color could be abused, unless it was spammed or the admins used invisibility too much. I definitely understand where SWAT is coming from, though. It would be better to weed out all the irresponsible admins and then entrust more commands to the good admins.

The problem I have with health is the same problem that I have with slay right now.

It's hard for the admins to know who was freeshot/freekilled. Therefore they can't necessarily slay someone unless it's blatant. Adding a sethealth command would just have more people screaming at the admins because they have 50 health because someone free shot them. The admin has no way of knowing so it makes it too difficult.