Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Im new and i need some help.

The Toast King

Hey everyone im new to HG and kinda new in general to the online gaming scene and i could use some help understanding a few things. I want to apply for the HG clan but im a little unsure of what teamspeak is, what it does and why i need it, that sort of thing. any help you can give would be great.

Thanks.

Teamspeak is the program, which we use to communicate while ingame.

It is very nice if we are having a scrim (5vs5), doing a raid in WoW, playing LoL and etc.

Its farely easy to use, you just choose you microphone button and then you press it to talk. (its called push-to-talk)

In our teamspeak, there is multiple "Channels", one for each CSS, Tf2, gmod server etc.

There is also channels for other different games.

We also use teamspeak just to hang out and have some nice conversations :)

You can read more about teamspeak here:

http://www.teamspeak.com/

And a guide to set up teamspeak here:

https://hellsgamers.com/threads/34222-HeLLsGamers-Teamspeak!?p=194156#post194156

I hope this helps :)

Yeah thanks that does help. One problem i dont have a mike on my headphones, hell im not sure if my computer does. I think it might but im not sure.

Right click on your volume controls on the bottom-right corner of the screens, and choose the "recording" option.

There should be a volume bar which moves up and down when you speak.

- If you are using a laptop it might be built in.

- If you are using a webcam, there might also be one built in there.