Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

New GPU in - ATI 6850 - overclocked

RetiredTacos

Just picked up the gigabyte 6850 last weekend for 180$. Was running a GTX260 and an ATi 5770 forever. This card was pretty damn good value IMO. I wanted to spend less than 400$, so two of these at 360$ will be well under the budget.

But as of now, just running a single.

Running at 975/1050 right now, I might try to hit 1000/1100 and stop there. Plays most games very well but I do want to pick up another and see what they can truly do. If there are any games you'd like to see benchmarks on or have questions please ask.

2la8z7o.jpg

WTF do you do with all your old computer parts? you always have new shit

I sell them to friends or use them in my other rigs.

I think he means what system optimisation tool? >.<

@6850, looks awesome... will wait though :)

yea that's what i meant sorry for the confusion

I don't use any "system optimization" tools. I do use a custom version of windows 7, but thats about it.

ATI has stream processors, not shaders. And those are linked to the core.

I piss on fanboyism.

What sucks about being linked to the core is it limits overclocking possibilities.

And also, nVidia has PhysX which is better than AA options. nVidia's CUDA is awesome too, especially with Kepler coming out (28nm). Gonna be an overclocking beast! But I rather wait until 2013 for Maxwell to come out (drools)

Get 2 of them, GO BIG OR GO HOME TERRY!

Soon son...trying to clean up some items in my case to make it pretty and need more storage/backup space.

Would love to see a benchmark of Crysis, Far Cry 2, and/or Stalker Shadow of Chernobyol or however you spell it..

I'll get crysis/fc2 this weekend and test them.