Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

I need help! "Workstation PC" build.

Plaayer

Hey guys.

Once again, another PC build, but not for me. (I think you guys are tired of these from me.) It's for my dad. If you didn't guess it already, this isn't for gaming. It's a workstation PC which needs to be running multiple accounts of various photo and 3D editing software, such as Photoshop CS4, CorelDraw, etc., on dual (or triple) monitor support. Also, it will have to run Microsoft Office during the editing that will be taking place, which isn't a big deal on a PC.

The only catch is, it's supposed to be as small as possible. When I think of small, I think of Mini-ITX, and I guess that's what my dad wants. However, I'm not much of an expert on this type of PC. I actually don't even have a starting build on this. We don't need Sandy Bridge, so we're looking at the regular "Core i" series, and not AMD. Can you guys help?

Thanks guys!

-TehPlaayer.

I would go micro, that is the best bang for the $, something similar to this. H67 is the way to go if you want compact, the onboard video is plenty. If you want multiple monitor support, throw in an ATI 5xx,6xx and you'll have triple monitor support. I suppose you could go ITX, but I don't know if thats ideal for a media rig.

21j6e4l.jpg

Thanks Terry! But...

I talked to my dad more in-depth about this PC that he wants, and I find it incredibly... bizarre. The way he describes this "PC" is that it's a bit bigger than a 5.25 inch drive. His approximate dimensions are 6x6x2 inches (Width x Depth x Height), which are outrageous knowing that the smallest motherboard I've seen is a mini-ITX measuring 6.7x6.7 inches in size. What I think is that he is confusing this with a NAS box, but it will all wait until he shows me one. Sorry for wasting your time. ):