Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Better screening process for admin

60Seconds

We have a system that weeds out most people that aren't responsible enough to have admin privileges within a month or so. It works fine, there is no reason to adjust it

^This right here. If admin abusing is such a problem on a server then is it SSSSOOOOO HARD to get proof of it?! Nope.avi! Most of the time when people scream "ADMIN ABUSE CABOOSE" it is because they think something is abuse. Those people will never get proof of the abuse they claim exists because it wasn't there to begin with.

Some people just like to complain about something and expect everyone else to do something about it.

That's what I was thinking too. They each basically get a "probationary period." If they mess around too much or cause a large enough ruckus, they will get their stuff removed. But if they act as role models and do their jobs, they will do fine.

With everything that can be considered a "position of power," there will always be a few people in that position that will not act according to the plans or wishes of others. Eventually, you have to just deal with it and move on.

Edited by Spindrift

That's what I was thinking too. They each basically get a "probationary period." If they mess around too much or cause a large enough ruckus, they will get their stuff removed. But if they act as role models and use do their jobs, they will do fine.

Problem there. Paid admin is not a job. People don't pay $15 to be chided and fingered for *insert generic complaint about admins not doing job here*.

Problem there. Paid admin is not a job. People don't pay $15 to be chided and fingered for *insert generic complaint about admins not doing job here*.

True, but I was just stating a little something. There are some Admins out there that take it seriously.