Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Building a new Rig 4 crysis 2

Wabbit

Guys, Time has come to build my new Rig,

My current Rig is 4 years old, Lol i still have my 8800 gtx and Q6600,

Time has come to Build a new one for crysis 2

Budget $2200

Case, Monitor, everything,

im gonna have a especial paint job on my case for it, i will put the HG logo

Need advices on what to get

Here is what i have in mind, 24 gb Memory, Intel CPU, and Nvidia Gpu,

Mobo ASUS,

case Antec

Nice. I'll start on a rig right now. Do you need a mouse, keyboard, and speakers/headset?

Alright, I made a build assuming you don't need the above peripherals that I listed. Comments, thoughts, feedback is greatly appreciated. Here goes:

1. CPU: Intel i7-950 ~~ 3.06GHz (link w/ motherboard)

- The reason I chose this CPU instead of a Sandy Bridge CPU is because Newegg seems to have recalled all of their motherboards back to the manufacturer company because of all the bugs and what not. I also chose this instead of Sandy Bridge because SB CPU's cannot use SLI running at full x16/x16 (or so I think).

2. CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14

- I chose this CPU cooler because it placed 2nd in Frostytech's Top 5 Heatsinks. I also chose it over the NH-D14 because of its more compact size so you shouldn't have any compatibility issues.

3. Motherboard: Asus Rampage III Formula LGA 1366

- This motherboard supports SLI and Crossfire which I have done w/ the GPU's. It is a great board and I have read many reviews on this board to see how it is. Check Overclockers Club review on it for more info.

4. Graphic Cards: MSI Twin Frozr II GTX 560 TI ~~I GOT YOU 2 OF THESE

- I chose these GPU's because it preformed very well on Newegg's benchmarks on a similar base PC.

It ran an average FPS of 47.8 @ 1920x1200 w/ 16xAA.

5. RAM: G. Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2x4GB) ~~ I GOT YOU 2 SETS

- To me, 24 GB of memory seems a bit overkill. So, I got you 16GB. G. Skill makes excellent ram and it should work well with this build.

6. Case: Cooler Master Storm Scout

- I chose this case over an Antec case for it's superior airflow. For me, I would prefer CM over Antec anyday, but that's just my opinion.

-Other parts of the PC-

7. Power Supply: Corsair HX1000 ~~ 1000w

8. CD/DVD: Lite-on CD/DVD 24x Burner

9. Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 7200RPM SATA 6.0 -- This has a promo code. Ends 2/17

10. OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

11. Monitor: ASUS 21.5" Full HD HDMI w/ Speakers -- This has a promo code. Ends 2/16.

Conclusion:

This PC should be able to play Crysis 2 easily. Note, I did try to keep a red/black theme, but some things aren't red/black. ): Well, after adding all of the items up, it came to a total of $2224.34 with tax and shipping (to the SoCal area). This DOES NOT include MIR's and promo codes.

Happy Gaming,

- TehPlaayer. <3

Edited by Plaayer
Added all the parts + editing

I can imagine why. I played crysis 2 yesterday and my card almost blew up, then again that seems to happen with every decent game i play. Fucking 8800gt but i got it for free so whatever.

Also player have you seen the new lanboy model antec has released. Honestly it has more airflow than any other case...Period.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129091&cm_re=lanboy_air-_-11-129-091-_-Product

also, if i get that intel chip, is a quad core, i was looking at the AMD 6 cores.

Are you saying you want to use an AMD platform over a Intel platform? If so, I'll make another build with a AMD Hexacore using the case you supplied above.

------------

With the AMD Hexacore platform in mind, I've designed a new build but only listen the changed items below.

1. CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T ~~ 3.2 GHz

- I chose this CPU because it is just... amazing. I didn't choose the 1100T because it is $30 more expensive for only a 0.1 GHz boost, which is EASILY reached with an OC.

2. Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair IV Formula

- With the red/black scheme in mind, I chose this motherboard for it's performance and compatibility w/ Crossfire, SATA 6, and USB 3. Also, it looks pretty god damn awesome.

3. Video Cards: MSI Twin Frozr II 6870 ~~ 1GB 256-bit -- I GOT YOU 2 OF THESE.

- Since AMD is a little bitchy about what goes w/ their CPU and motherboards, SLI isn't somewhat capable without mod's. So, I chose the 6870 for it's good preformance and reliability. Also, the Twin Frozr II cooler design will help with the close proximity of the 2 cards.

4. Case: Antec DF-85

- Builder's request. It looks pretty sweet though.

The same parts as the other build:

5. Power Supply

6. Hard Drive

7. CPU Cooler

8. RAM

9. OS

10. Monitor

11. CD/DVD Drive

In the end, the build above costs $2185.15 with tax and shipping, again, to the SoCal area. This, again, DOES NOT include MIR's and promo codes.

Good luck,

- TehPlaayer. <3

Edited by Plaayer
added the build

Are you saying you want to use an AMD platform over a Intel platform? If so, I'll make another build with a AMD Hexacore using the case you supplied above.

------------

With the AMD Hexacore platform in mind, I've designed a new build but only listen the changed items below.

1. CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T ~~ 3.2 GHz

- I chose this CPU because it is just... amazing. I didn't choose the 1100T because it is $30 more expensive for only a 0.1 GHz boost, which is EASILY reached with an OC.

2. Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair IV Formula

- With the red/black scheme in mind, I chose this motherboard for it's performance and compatibility w/ Crossfire, SATA 6, and USB 3. Also, it looks pretty god damn awesome.

3. Video Cards: MSI Twin Frozr II 6870 ~~ 1GB 256-bit -- I GOT YOU 2 OF THESE.

- Since AMD is a little bitchy about what goes w/ their CPU and motherboards, SLI isn't somewhat capable without mod's. So, I chose the 6870 for it's good preformance and reliability. Also, the Twin Frozr II cooler design will help with the close proximity of the 2 cards.

4. Case: Antec DF-85

- Builder's request. It looks pretty sweet though.

The same parts as the other build:

5. Power Supply

6. Hard Drive

7. CPU Cooler

8. RAM

9. OS

10. Monitor

11. CD/DVD Drive

In the end, the build above costs $2185.15 with tax and shipping, again, to the SoCal area. This, again, DOES NOT include MIR's and promo codes.

Good luck,

- TehPlaayer. <3

What would u go for? AMD or Intel? ATI or Nvidia?

Nvidia. I dont know why you would change the video card just cause of the cpu change?

Amd cards don't have to be run with amd processors. Just like nvidia don't have to run on an intel.

i would bump yourself up to this, unless you specifically wanted to run an SLI build. then i would stick to the 2 GTX560s

Also what kind of monitor(s) are you running right now btw?

Edited by AnonyHorse

Guys, Time has come to build my new Rig,

My current Rig is 4 years old, Lol i still have my 8800 gtx and Q6600,

Time has come to Build a new one for crysis 2

Budget $2200

Case, Monitor, everything,

im gonna have a especial paint job on my case for it, i will put the HG logo

Need advices on what to get

Here is what i have in mind, 24 gb Memory, Intel CPU, and Nvidia Gpu,

Mobo ASUS,

case Antec

I'll buy your old one, I need a backup to the backupto the backupto the backupto the backup

The reason I changed the GFX card to the 6870's on the AMD build is because most AMD boards don't support SLI. Yes, you can go a single nVidia GFX card with an AMD CPU. However, I want to KNOW that SLI will work, not that it MIGHT work. Yeah, it'll still somewhat work in SLI, but not as great as a board that does support SLI. Usually, people want to get things done fast and without hassle. Modding your motherboard for SLI is not in this category. Also, I just wanted to add that if you go the Intel/nVidia route, you need to get a SLI Bridge Connector for SLI to work, such as =Y&s[short_desc]=Y&s[full_desc]=Y&s[sku]=Y&s[match]=all&s[cid]=0&s[search]=sli+bridge"]these. (Note: if you have one laying around or you find one for cheaper, go ahead). If you go the AMD/ATI route, the motherboard I gave in that build comes with a CrossfireX Bridge Connector.

Choosing AMD vs. Intel or ATI(or AMD) vs. nVidia is mostly of personal preference. I would go Intel and nVidia mostly because I grew up with these companies and mostly always had PC's with components from these companies. Don't let anyone's opinions persuade you into thinking differently. This is YOUR computer. The builds that I give are only a basis of what I think is good. So, the deciding is up to you.

Stupid question--->what makes you think a new computer is needed for this game? and what sounds like only this game.

My current Rig was Built b4 Crysis came out, I built it for that Game.

Now im doing the Same for Crysis 2,

Crysis is the only Game that rly push ya Machine way beyond Regular games do ......... Tf2, Css.

Knowing that u can play Crysis 2 all max out, without FPS issues, it means Ya rig is set for another 5 years without Upgrades.

Crysis is the Bar, u handle crysis, u handle everything else.

totally agree with your comment..if your computer can run crysis 2 it will run virtually ANYTHING....

my husband built his computer as well and when he found crysis he changed things a bit so he would be able to run it.

He just seen part two is coming out and is already wanting to amp it up to be able to play it...

cant wait to see what you come up with!