Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Upgrading 530s case

Couch Crumbs

I bought a Dell Inspiron 530s a couple years back. Once I got into gaming more, I upgraded the graphics card and CPU. However, being an SFF computer, I can't upgrade parts as easily I'd like to. I don't have enough cash for a completely new build, so I've been thinking about getting a full ATX case and just moving as much as I can from the Inspiron to the new case. I would also like to (and probably need to) upgrade my power supply in the transition, as the one that came with the 530s is custom sized and only 250w.

As you may be able to tell I'm pretty inexperienced, and I have no idea what I'd need to look for in a new case to maintain compatibility with my old parts. Can anyone help me with finding a case that I could upgrade to without too much effort or cash?

what cpu and graphics card did you install?

will help me see what psu you need

also do you want a mid tower or a full tower?

if you want a mid go with http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119215 very nice case. theres also the storm scout which i use and some other antec cases which are nice. also there are some cheaper

full tower you will be spending more money but it is so much easier to build in haha

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119187 if you dont like anything flashy (like me) if not go with the coolermaster HAF X or haf 932. also antec 1200 is nice and some lian lis are decent as well nzxt phantom to :P

also what size is your mother board.

what cpu and graphics card did you install?

will help me see what psu you need

I have this card

And this CPU

also do you want a mid tower or a full tower?

what price ranges would i be looking at for either?

also what size is your mother board.

There isn't much information on the motherboard out there, but this is what wikipedia had on it:

The motherboard used in the 530s is exactly the same Foxconn G33m02 mATX motherboard used in the Inspiron 530

So it seems it's microatx

Edited by Couch Crumbs