Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Chrome being terribe

Vetman

Whenever i watch a youtube video in fullscreen, or from the youtube player that is seperate from the uploader's channel, the brightness is messed up, everything is super dark. I tried reinstalling chrome, i tried seeing if nVidia had different program settings that i had set when trying to increase my graphics performance for crysis 2, and that wasnt it either. Please help

did chrome make you misspell "terrible"?

Unnecessary post.

Like Jovo and Anonymaus are saying, firefox 4.0 is soon going live and has a similar layout as chrome. (maybe even nicer)

You can actually get the beta for firefox at the moment, it wouldn't hurt to try it out :)

Im gonna check out firefox 4 as soon as it comes out of beta, but I absolutely love chrome. My best guess is that chrome is going to release something to counter firefox 4 probably a couple weeks after its released, then chrome will be back on top. Also it must be something with your adobe flash, they've been releasing updates left and right recently. Ive never had any problems with chrome as you're stating.

chrome will be back on top

When was it on top? Firefox is the BEST MAN CHROME IS TURRIBL

not rly, its all about preference so when you say Chrome will be back on top, firefox and chrome are really on the same level. If you know how to customize it firefox can out do chrome in many ways. I'm sure chrome has many options also.

not rly, its all about preference so when you say Chrome will be back on top, firefox and chrome are really on the same level. If you know how to customize it firefox can out do chrome in many ways. I'm sure chrome has many options also.

Yes both browsers are good, and in many different but also equal ways.

If Google launches something after the firefox 4 release it will most likely just "even out the scores". :)

Edited by Tommo

Check this out: http://www.blogtechnical.com/412/browser-benchmark-wars-how-does-firefox-4-beta-9-stand-up.bt

Chrome was more efficient with speed and memory than firefox 3, but firefox 4 has surpassed chrome now. What I was stating earlier is that chrome will probably release something very soon and be on top again.

Unnecessary post.

Like Jovo and Anonymaus are saying, firefox 4.0 is soon going live and has a similar layout as chrome. (maybe even nicer)

You can actually get the beta for firefox at the moment, it wouldn't hurt to try it out :)

Unnecessary post.

Anyway, this happened to me once, but I chalked it up to Linux video driver support, and then everything was all happy-sauce again.

On the subject of Chrome vs FireFox, it's always back and forth as they release patches. They usually trade top slot for memory consumption and speed of loading. It's pretty much personal preference at this point.