Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Eyefinity?

Wabbit

Note, This Monitors used on the Video cost $150 each "LG" 1080P

Nvidia 3D cost $180 the Kit

Along with the NVIDIA 3D kit you will need a compatible 120Hz montior as well and those are around $350. if it were me, i'd get Eyefinity as I would get more use out of it than 3D.

Along with the NVIDIA 3D kit you will need a compatible 120Hz montior as well and those are around $350. if it were me, i'd get Eyefinity as I would get more use out of it than 3D.

The upcoming 590 "Rumors say"

there are three DVI outputs on the card, made possible by the presence of two GPU display engines. This card should be capable of driving three monitors and allowing games to run across them all at once via Surround Gaming, Nvidia’s answer to AMD’s Eyefinity. From what we heard it’ll be based on two GF104 chips, carry 2GB of memory (1GB per GPU), support three-screen surround gaming out of the box.

I was gonna get the 6990 today but im gonna wait for the 590, i rly want 3 monitors Display, and i Prefer Nvidia better.

oh, you said 3D, so i thought you meant actual NVIDIA 3D Vision not NVIDIA Surround gaming. But yea, there are no SINGLE NVIDIA cards currently support more than 3 monitors right now. The GTX 590 supporting three monitors is new news to me. :D

oh, you said 3D, so i thought you meant actual NVIDIA 3D Vision not NVIDIA Surround gaming. But yea, there are no SINGLE NVIDIA cards currently support more than 3 monitors right now. The GTX 590 supporting three monitors is new news to me. :D

No,,,, u right, i meant Nvidia 3D i just added some info that Nvidia probably gonna support Triple Monitors with one Card,

evga_gtx595_1_x1600.jpg

As you can see, there are three DVI outputs on the card, made possible by the presence of two GPU display engines. This card should be capable of driving three monitors and allowing games to run across them all at once via Surround Gaming, Nvidia’s answer to AMD’s Eyefinity.

evga_gtx595_3_x1600.jpg

evga_gtx570_cutom_x1600.jpg

Tried both, loved Eyefinity. NVIDIA's 3D vision tech is actually quite hard on the eyes, imo. I found it very difficult to concentrate on the game. Eyefinity essentially made my life easier in general. Having 3 monitors is just so convenient, for school and gaming. I should note that my kdr actually improved in Bad Company 2 after hooking up Eyefinity, just because of the peripheral vision.

Go Eyefinity. No regrets here with my choice.