Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Banned for Personal Reason

Rice

1. Your in-game name: Rice

2. Server that you were banned on: Jailbreak

3. The Banning admin: Scott1

4. Your Steam-Id: STEAM_0:0:15273811

5. Reason for ban: Offensive name

I believe I received an unjust ban, based on my name "Jesus died Lol". Admin rule two states "don't take anything personal" and the reason of the kick exactly represents this. I was neither hostile or attacking anyone in the server. My name was neither racist or impersonating another person, following all server rules. Having your mythical god(s) offended is purely a personal problem.

The only player in the server that had any sort off problem was the admin, and used the term "offended". Offended refers to a single person who is personally hurt by words or meaning. Multiple admins were in the server and all allowed my name for over an hour, until Scott1 joined and personally took it without me saying a word to him.

Anyone can be offended by anything, yet if I am wrong in this request, where is the line drawn.

I believe, and this is my opinion, that those in high positions need to respect opposing and possibly offending views of other players, as not everyone sees through the same lens.

Edited by Rice

Long explaination

1. Your in-game name: Rice

2. Server that you were banned on: Jailbreak

3. The Banning admin: Scott1

4. Your Steam-Id: STEAM_0:0:15273811

5. Reason for ban: Offensive name

I believe I received an unjust ban, based on my name "Jesus died Lol". Admin rule two states "don't take anything personal" and the reason of the kick exactly represents this.

problem: you can speculate all you want but since there is no hardlining evidence that it was personal other than the name being possibly offensive to the many people who believe in Jesus Christ. Not a reason for him to ban if it was personal however, being a troll is no different.

I was neither hostile or attacking anyone in the server.

possibly true, but your little 'accident' at our server does nothing to make me want to believe you more.

see https://hellsgamers.com/threads/32396-6-People-for-Major-Disrespect-Sexism?highlight=0%3A0%3A15273811

My name was neither racist or impersonating another person, following all server rules.

true but not all douchebags are racist and not all racists are douchebags... fallicious nevertheless... not a good reason either to ban.

Having your mythical god(s) offended is purely a personal problem.

you're free to express it.. of course under our law in our servers

The only player in the server that had any sort off problem was the admin, and used the term "offended".

Offended refers to a single person who is personally hurt by words or meaning.

actually no, offended can be a verb geared at a group of people like. We were offended by the douchebaggery in the jailbreak server.

Multiple admins were in the server and all allowed my name for over an hour, until Scott1 joined and personally took it without me saying a word to him.

Circumstantial, admins can do whatsoever they please as long as they follow the server rules and admin rules. If they are wrong, bring some proof and we can deal with it then.

Let me recap... you can't read his mind or intentions therefore what you say is only opinion

Anyone can be offended by anything, yet if I am wrong in this request, where is the line drawn.

I believe, and this is my opinion, that those in high positions need to respect opposing and possibly offending views of other players, as not everyone sees through the same lens.

True, anyone can be offended by anything. Tolerance is what is needed and being a troll or douchebag is not necessary.

Once again, we do respect opinions of course, we have rules to keep civil peace as trolls and douchbags are aplenty.

All in ALL

TL;dr you felt injustified in the ban... great get a demo of him abusing admin if you feel so hurt by his actions.

Besides it was a ten minute banned that expired about a half an hour ago.

Edited by enigma#

Yes and I am sorry for my previous disrespect. I do not remember if I was punished, but I absolutely deserved that as my actions were entirely immature and I give my deepest apologies.

I mainly made this request based on a single answer I was/am hoping to get and to more clarify on this issue. That question being am still allowed to use my previous name on Hellsgamers servers.

What do you think?

If you think it is fair that you blatently laugh at another person's religious beliefs (ergo the 'lol'), then we may have a problem as the people who do believe in Jesus Christ may feel like their rights are being trampled on.

Find some balance and tolerance... all I would say.

An individual has no rights to not be offended by other views or beliefs, if you are referring to under federal law.

I shall take the "lol" out of the name based on the possibility of being offensive to players, based on your reply.

Fine with me, just play nice with others.

Our community is diverse with different beliefs including opposing ones.

and what... federal law? We're just talking about basic rules here...

Simply put:

What you wish not to happen to yourself, do not seek it on others." - Epictetus

Edited by enigma#