Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Switching from Windows XP Pro to Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade

Kurosaki Ichigo

Okay so basically the title says it all. But I have one question to ask. If the current computer specs I have now, would switching from Windows XP Pro to Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade make any difference or no difference as far as how my games run? Here are the following computer specs.

Machine name: XW6200-1

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.101209-1647)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard

System Model: hp workstation xw6200

BIOS: Default System BIOS

Memory:2048MB RAM

Processor: Intel® Xeon CPU 3.60GHz (4 CPUs)

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GSO

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce 9600 GSO

DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0610&SUBSYS_23851682&REV_A2

Display Memory: 768.0 MB

Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll

Driver Version: 6.14.0012.6658 (English)

DDI Version: 9 (or higher)

So there you have it, my computer specs. So please, tell me if you think that switching OS's will make any difference. Thanks!

-Happy Gaming

Kurosaki Ichigo

Edited by Kurosaki Ichigo

Really? I thought it would increase my gameplay peformance. Do you suggest I save up some money and just get a new computer or what or should I just buy the full version of Windows 7 because I only have Windows 7 Home Premium UPGRADE and apparently you cant do the upgraded version from windows XP.

Really? I thought it would increase my gameplay peformance. Do you suggest I save up some money and just get a new computer or what or should I just buy the full version of Windows 7 because I only have Windows 7 Home Premium UPGRADE and apparently you cant do the upgraded version from windows XP.

I would upgrade video card first, then go with 4gb of ram. The video upgrade alone will make a drastic difference as the 9600 is a bit out of date.

I personally would save for the full version, if the system crashes and you have to reinstall it will be a pain in the ass to reinstall everything.

Well speaking of which, I think my grandpa did say that he used the computer I have now for videos and shit. But yeah, your right about the whole save money to get a full disc version of Windows 7. All I need is a graphic card upgrade, os upgrade then I'm good to go :D. Oh and one thing I want to ask is how can I fix my computer to where it shuts down properly without me having to press the button to turn it off cause everytime I press shutdown the screen will go black and my computer will still be running.